cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2008, 12:34 AM   #51
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Cummards shooting % went up because he understands what is and isn't a good shot and is good at picking his spots. That's the NUMERO UNO reason why.
Wouldn't shooting percentage be a factor of several items, first shot selection and second experience which creates a comfort factor?

A guy who runs in not warmed up is not as likely to be as hot as somebody who's already in the flow of the game. And game experience will help a person improve his judgment when to take shots.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:03 AM   #52
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I understand the bashing of peanut brain. But listen up, BYU just lost an opportunity to have a truly special year last year. No matter how you slice it this is a blow. Indy is right, BYU will be worse without him, despite his foibles. Compounding this is the fact Rose hasn't really recruited a whit. He's thrived (if you can call it that) on Cleveland's recruits. If Cummard goes, watch out, you guys are certainly in losing maybe catastrophic season territory depending on injuries or additional defections. The party's over for that underachiever Rose and BYU basketball is sinking back down to its natural equalibrium. Rose inherited a top 10 recruiting class. What has he done with his talents?

BTW, did you see that Boylen just signed an LDS thoroughbred from Georgia pursued by a number of big name schools including X and Auburn, as well as BYU?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:13 AM   #53
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I understand the bashing of peanut brain. But listen up, BYU just lost an opportunity to have a truly special year last year. No matter how you slice it this is a blow. Indy is right, BYU will be worse without him, despite his foibles. Compounding this is the fact Rose hasn't really recruited a whit. He's thrived (if you can call it that) on Cleveland's recruits. If Cummard goes, watch out, you guys are certainly in losing maybe catastrophic season territory depending on injuries or additional defections. The party's over for that underachiever Rose and BYU basketball is sinking back down to its natural equalibrium. Rose inherited a top 10 recruiting class. What has he done with his talents?

BTW, did you see that Boylen just signed an LDS thoroughbred from Georgia pursued by a number of big name schools including X and Auburn, as well as BYU?
this from someone who didn't watch BYU or Utah play once last season.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:16 AM   #54
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
this from someone who didn't watch BYU or Utah play once last season.
Are you holding it against me that the MWC hasn't the stroke to get a TV deal that would give me access to its games in Seattle?

Pardon me, the kid from Georgia verbaled. Rivals calls it a "solid verbal."

—Paul Auster
Old 05-14-2008, 03:43 AM   #55
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The party's over for that underachiever Rose and BYU basketball is sinking back down to its natural equalibrium. Rose inherited a top 10 recruiting class. What has he done with his talents?
I'm mildly disappointed Plaisted is leaving, but this post gives me renewed hope. In recent years, BYU's and Utah's athletics fortunes have been an inverse function of your predictions. I bless you for this.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:01 AM   #56
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
I'm mildly disappointed Plaisted is leaving, but this post gives me renewed hope. In recent years, BYU's and Utah's athletics fortunes have been an inverse function of your predictions. I bless you for this.
The law of averages favor me now.

—Paul Auster
Old 05-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #57
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Every report I have read from credible scouts has Trent on the first round bubble. Trent is confident enough in his abilities that he thinks he can work himself in to the first round at the predraft camps. Cummard is a late 2nd round or undrafted accordign to all of the scouts, so I think Lee comes back.

The NBA is built on athleticism, hustle, and potential if a guy like Melvin Ely, Chris Anderson, or Ronnie Turiaf can stick around the NBA for numerous years, Trent can do the same.

Lee will be back next year, he will be the focal point of the offense, Miles is a better defender and rebounder than Trent, but he is not as good offensively, however if we get 8 points and 10 boards from Miles, 18 from Lee and and 12-15 from Tav and Jimmer. BYU will be just fine.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #58
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Every report I have read from credible scouts has Trent on the first round bubble. Trent is confident enough in his abilities that he thinks he can work himself in to the first round at the predraft camps. Cummard is a late 2nd round or undrafted accordign to all of the scouts, so I think Lee comes back.

The NBA is built on athleticism, hustle, and potential if a guy like Melvin Ely, Chris Anderson, or Ronnie Turiaf can stick around the NBA for numerous years, Trent can do the same.

Lee will be back next year, he will be the focal point of the offense, Miles is a better defender and rebounder than Trent, but he is not as good offensively, however if we get 8 points and 10 boards from Miles, 18 from Lee and and 12-15 from Tav and Jimmer. BYU will be just fine.
Without Trent, we don't have a legitimate inside scoring threat. That will let defenses hound our perimeter players even more. We will miss Trent. We'll see how well Rose can coach to see if he can turn the combo of Miles/JT/Lee into an inside offense that has the punch to open up the outside.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #59
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post

Too much dependence on outside shooting in your scenario. Miles needs to be able to score double digit points.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #60
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

He is going on a mission, dumbass...why do you think Rose pulled the scholarship? The kid is a typical mormon wussie who needs a strong social group or else the devil will possess. This is why he choosing to attend BYU-Lite after the BYU head coach determined his religious convictions would become an impediment to BYU's continued hegemonic regional chokehold.

Ya, good luck with him after two years in Portugal or Cambodia.