cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #61
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
He is going on a mission, dumbass...why do you think Rose pulled the scholarship? The kid is a typical mormon wussie who needs a strong social group or else the devil will possess. This is why he choosing to attend BYU-Lite after the BYU head coach determined his religious convictions would become an impediment to BYU's continued hegemonic regional chokehold.

Ya, good luck with him after two years in Portugal or Cambodia.
We already learned from the Adam threads that the real religion is BYU sports.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #62
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
We already learned from the Adam threads that the real religion is BYU sports.
Learned from Adam's threads? Counselor, are you not real quick on the uptake?
Old 05-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #63
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Learned from Adam's threads? Counselor, are you not real quick on the uptake?
No, the Adam threads. I don't think any of the ones to which I'm referring were started by Adam. I'm referencing the Adam/Tonga imbroglio. Say what you will about whatever but bag on BYU sports and lots of people will want to kick your ass. And yes, it's clear, the game is more imporant than missions.

—Paul Auster
Old 05-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #64
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
No, the Adam threads. I don't think any of the ones to which I'm referring were started by Adam. I'm referencing the Adam/Tonga imbroglio. Say what you will about whatever but bag on BYU sports and lots of people will want to kick your ass. And yes, it's clear, the game is more imporant than missions.
Goat/SU conversations are the best. SU is always more than a step behind.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #65
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Goat/SU conversations are the best. SU is always more than a step behind.
The dirty secret about trolls is that they're just being more of their true selves. They're not kiddding around.

—Paul Auster
Old 05-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #66
Prof-Bball

Prof-Bball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Cummards shooting % went up because he understands what is and isn't a good shot and is good at picking his spots. That's the NUMERO UNO reason why.
It is not just Cummard. If you look most perimeter players that go from a back up role to a starting role generally increase their fg%. And yes I would say if you are on the court more and know that you aren't going to get pulled if you don't do something to impact the game, your shot selection will improve.

Jimmer's job most of the season was to come in the game and get shots up. If he wasn't hitting he sat on the bench. If you can't see how that would affect someone's FG% then... whatever.
Prof-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #67
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof-Bball View Post
It is not just Cummard. If you look most perimeter players that go from a back up role to a starting role generally increase their fg%. And yes I would say if you are on the court more and know that you aren't going to get pulled if you don't do something to impact the game, your shot selection will improve.

Jimmer's job most of the season was to come in the game and get shots up. If he wasn't hitting he sat on the bench. If you can't see how that would affect someone's FG% then... whatever.
I'm stunned that you have a biased viewpoint.

I can see how that would affect Jimmers FG%, however, my point had to do with Lee's rising FG% was because he learned how to effectively take good shots within the framework of the offense. THAT was my main point. In fact, if pressed, I'm having a hard time in the last 5-10 years a player who's been better at playing within the framework of the offense than Lee. He's smart, gets others involved, doesn't take bad shots and has a very good all around game.

Jimmer is a good player, but he has a long ways to go reach the level of elite MWC player.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 05-14-2008 at 07:56 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #68
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Cummard took too few shots. We were a worse team for Cummard being so selective.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #69
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think Cummard took too few shots. We were a worse team for Cummard being so selective.
I agree. If cummard comes back he will need to learn how to be more aggressive without causing the offense to stagnate around him.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #70
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof-Bball View Post

I think Jimmer's the bomb, but I don't really buy this point of yours. Jimmer averaged 19 minutes a game last year. That's nearly starter's minutes. Starters have to deal with issues like whether their minutes will be reduced if they don't perform just like backups.

I predict Jimmer's fg% will increase but not due much to this issue. I see it more that he'll get more comfortable and confident in the D1 game.

More pressure, taller quicker defenders, taking tougher shots as easier shots are not as available, finishing in the paint against D1 big men. These are things a high school kid has to adjust his game to, and it takes a while.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote