cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
You might run into one of the dickheads in the St. George area, so be prepared for bad sportsmanship on their part, win or lose.
Yeah, I ran into one of those types already. Our first game vs. Bountiful, my son hit a chopper to second, and the second baseman made a bad throw that went under the first baseman's glove and hit my son in the foot as he got to first. Their coaches start screaming like madmen that my boy had kicked the ball, and should be out. So the ump comes down to first, tells the other coaches that he's sick and tired of their act, and basically to shut the hell up. They keep screaming that we kicked the ball, and the ump says he didn't see it.

So as I'm standing there, one of their coaches gets literally six inches from my ear and says something like "Why don't you be a man and tell the ump what you saw, stop cheating". Then one of their idiot dads starts yelling the same B.S. at me. I was fuming, and the "F-You" was halfway up my throat when I decided to keep my mouth shut and ignore them.

So we win the game, and afterwards I try to explain to the guy that if my son had kicked a hit or gone out of his way to kick the throw, he'd have an argument, but HIS guy made a bad throw that hit my son in the foot. That's not an out, otherwise we'd all just start throwing the ball at runners feet to get them out. He just kept insisting that I should have told the ump what I saw, and I said what I saw was his second baseman make a poor throw and his first baseman miss the catch, all of which he was conveniently overlooking. It was completely ridiculous. Luckily, they were eliminated last night so we don't have to deal with their ignorance again.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #12
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

St. George area coaches will do things like that, but they take dickheadedness to an entirely different level than that.

If you happen to be in the same bracket but wouldn't face them until a 2nd game (either winner or loser bracket) they will watch your game and count the number of pitches each of your pitchers throw. Then when you play them, they'll continue counting each pitch you kids throw and if a kid is getting to the point where he's at his maximum number of pitches per game or week, they won't demonstrate good sportsmanship and let you know he's getting close, but will wait until the kid has surpassed the maximum and if they win or lose the game they'll protest and make sure your team is disqualified. I've seen them do it at all levels in little league.

Anyway, if you see you're in their bracket, count your kids' pitches and don't give them the satisfaction.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:02 AM   #13
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
St. George area coaches will do things like that, but they take dickheadedness to an entirely different level than that.
We'll keep our eyes open, thanks for the heads up. We wrapped up our qualifier tonight by beating West Jordan 14-7. We went 3-1 for the tourney. Not bad at all for a team put together at the last second.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #14
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
We'll keep our eyes open, thanks for the heads up. We wrapped up our qualifier tonight by beating West Jordan 14-7. We went 3-1 for the tourney. Not bad at all for a team put together at the last second.
I'm sure no one cares, but since il Pad was nice enough to feign interest, I figured I'd report that our team was eliminated last night by the same West Jordan team. They smoked us 18-3. Good experience overall. The kids got to play ball for another 5 weeks, and we ended up 4-3. I learned that there are lots of dillrods coaching little league, though.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm sure no one cares, but since il Pad was nice enough to feign interest, I figured I'd report that our team was eliminated last night by the same West Jordan team. They smoked us 18-3. Good experience overall. The kids got to play ball for another 5 weeks, and we ended up 4-3. I learned that there are lots of dillrods coaching little league, though.
Congrats on the fine post season. Little league is where it's at.

And yes, there are a lot of dillrods that coach in Little League. Lots of dillholes too. And dickheads. And asses.

The list could go on and on and on and on.....

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #16
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default I was president of Alta in Babe Ruth

Quote:
13 major teams; 14 minor teams and 9 pee-wee teams. Let me tell you I saw it all including having to ban a Mr. Worthington from coaching. you know the worthington who shot the nurse at Alta View and ending up committing suicide in prison? He was a hot-head to the max. he physically got into fights with his assts.

But it was a blast when things were going well. All-Stars was always a pain in the butt. Lost many times to Riverton.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote