cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #21
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I feel badly for how he's being treated by the zoots. They hate it when I bring it up, but I really would like to see the complainers be in that situation and see how they handle it. There is a reason why he is playing and they are in the stands.

I can see the humor you see. If it were the Y that did it, I'd laugh too.
I think it is pretty clear what they would do...fire up an airball. I on the other hand, would easily knock down the three, get fouled and win the game in regulation 73-72...but that's just me.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #22
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default TP looks very clutsy out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
How has Plaisted come as far as he has in basketball without learning proper shooting technique? His ridiculous "fling it from the hip" shot is awful.
Has he ever taken a jump shot facing the basket? He lowers his shoulder and throws up bricks in hopes they go in. This crap about him being 9 for 9 against CSU..........so what? If CSU is your benchmark, you are in trouble.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #23
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
Has he ever taken a jump shot facing the basket? He lowers his shoulder and throws up bricks in hopes they go in. This crap about him being 9 for 9 against CSU..........so what? If CSU is your benchmark, you are in trouble.
Yes. He hit a jump-shot from the shoulder of the key in two recent games. I was pleasantly surprised - good form, good motion, good follow-through, and it hit nothing but net.

The problem Trent has is that he rushes his shots at times after he's made his move. When he rushes, he ends up throwing up an ugly, formless pretense-of-a-shot that looks, on first impression, as if he chucked it from his waist.

Typically, on the replay, the shots don't look as bad as they did initially, but still, the guy definitely has work to do in terms of a consistently good shooting form.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote