cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #91
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
You just wrote 4 paragraphs and didn't answer any of my questions.
I can't tell you why Barry Bonds took it. Can you?

But if you want an answer I can only assume that he thought it would give him a competitive advantage. In what ways? Probably recovery, speed and strength. Maybe he thought it would help him bounce back from his knee injury that sidelined him for almost all of 2005, though we don't know that he took any steroids then (the cream and clear incident was in 2003).

Maybe he has enormous balls and was hoping the steroids would shrink them to a more manageable size. Maybe he has a breast fixation and was hoping to get bitch tits. Or maybe he wanted acne to better bond with his own teenage son.

My point still isn't moot. Show me a study that details steroid use is the reason for the outburst in offense as compared to everything else I offered.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #92
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
I can't tell you why Barry Bonds took it. Can you?

But if you want an answer I can only assume that he thought it would give him a competitive advantage. In what ways? Probably recovery, speed and strength. Maybe he thought it would help him bounce back from his knee injury that sidelined him for almost all of 2005, though we don't know that he took any steroids then (the cream and clear incident was in 2003).

Maybe he has enormous balls and was hoping the steroids would shrink them to a more manageable size. Maybe he has a breast fixation and was hoping to get bitch tits. Or maybe he wanted acne to better bond with his own teenage son.

My point still isn't moot. Show me a study that details steroid use is the reason for the outburst in offense as compared to everything else I offered.
lol...you my friend are in denial and I don't mean that as a slam.

I don't know where a specific study on detail steroid use could be found to be honest with you, but I'm sure others here are better at tracking that stuff down than I am.

But you did kind of answer one of my questions, so thank you.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #93
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
The best study available is Bonds' HR's and Batting averages from the 2000-2004 seasons compared with the 14 prior to those. I'm not really a Bonds hater either. I appreciate the record. I just don't see how anyone can argue that performance enhancing drugs didn't enhance performance.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:17 AM   #94
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
The best study available is Bonds' HR's and Batting averages from the 2000-2004 seasons compared with the 14 prior to those. I'm not really a Bonds hater either. I appreciate the record. I just don't see how anyone can argue that performance enhancing drugs didn't enhance performance.
I don't buy that either. Then you'd have to question anyone else who saw an increase in numbers during those years. His batting average saw a significant increase those years but he still only had one year over 50+ HRs during that span. Prior to that though he was still playing at an MVP level and hitting close to .300 if not over .300 every year. So steroids help you hit for average? Maybe Ichiro is on the juice.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote