cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #41
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
The only thing consistent with baseball has been scandal. No era in baseball has been free of it. So I think that even people that make the "put the record in context argument" are full of it too.

Barry Bonds was the best player before the juice era. And he was the best during.
Baseball has had some good scandals. Embrace it I say. You're obiviously not interested in changing the "rich history" and "integrity" of the game. (Not you surfah, baseball).
Old 08-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #42
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
Baseball has had some good scandals. Embrace it I say. You're obiviously not interested in changing the "rich history" and "integrity" of the game. (Not you surfah, baseball).
Exactly. The rich history is in the scandals. Hell the scandals in a big part are what have kept baseball relevant all these years.

And like the Canseco quote I dropped earlier, nobody will ever be able to determine how many more home runs someone would have hit by taking steroids.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #43
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Did barry bonds use steroids? I dont know, does evidence point to the fact that he probably did? Yes. But if it is so obvious that he cheated then why are we on our 3rd grand jury, why has George Mitchell the MLBs private investigator been at it for over a year, as well as many other investigators and the only inkling of evidence is a leaked grand jury testimony, yet he is still playing, he still just broke the record and we still have no indictment?

You cant tell me that he was the one player that covered his tracks that well, especially when all of BALCO went down.

So until it is proven without a shadow of a doubt I will enjoy the moment and know that i just watched history be made.

Barry Lamar Bonds is the greatest homerun hitter to ever live.
Yes, he used steroids. He's already admitted it. Remember the cream? He just says he didn't know that's what it was. Whether he at least once used steroids is not in dispute.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #44
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
I wonder how many times Barry and Sammy have been tested since 04...

You would think a bazillion times.

If Barry juiced, Clemens juiced, A-Rod juiced (who has lost 15 lbs from last year), etc...

The body changes don't shock me as most, take a look at a picture of you at 22 and a picture of you at 35 and see how much bigger most of you are, including the ones who have stayed in shape.
I guess that cream he used must have been bath gel or something.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #45
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Testing doesn't always catch cheaters?

Who would have thunk it?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #46
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Besides steroids is so passe.

HGH in several different undetectable forms is the drug of choice now.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #47
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
So because Fus is a dickhead you are willing to make yourself look like one as well?

That makes a lot of sense...
Actually it makes a ton of sense, but just because he's one of your racquet ball buddies that you've hung out with before doesn't mean I have to like him. He's a buddy of yours off the board and so you'll defend him and that's fine.

The guy is the single worst troll and biggest dickhead in Cougarboard history. Of course he probably will take that as a compliment.

He's an ass and whether you think so or not is irrelevant to what I think about him and obviously vice versa.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #48
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The body changes don't shock me as most, take a look at a picture of you at 22 and a picture of you at 35 and see how much bigger most of you are, including the ones who have stayed in shape.
LOL. A shameless Bonds apologist. Nicely done.

Fusnik, old buddy. Most people get bigger around the waist with age. Not muscle mass. And not overnight. And generally without the yellow eyes and mood changes, etc.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #49
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

How was it that I knew in advance that all the more chronolgically advanced fellas would have a huge problem with Bonds? It sounds like an outbreak of angry middle aged man disease to me. Appreciate the majesty of Barry's play even if you think it is tainted. SImply put Barry is the most prolific home run hitter, ever, and clearly with or without roids one of the best players EVER.
Barry probably did use steroids. And nobody from any era in baseball or any other sport is above suspicion, in my opinion. Okay, maybe Abner Doubleday and James Naismith but that is about it.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #50
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I wonder how many times Barry and Sammy have been tested since 04...

You would think a bazillion times.

If Barry juiced, Clemens juiced, A-Rod juiced (who has lost 15 lbs from last year), etc...

You're not really going to argue that Bonds didn't juice are you? Who in the history of baseball has significantly increased their HR's and batting average after the age of 35? McGwire, Sosa and Bonds that's who. More than 100 years of pro baseball and the only guys to put up those kinds of numbers in their mid-late 30's all happen to play right around the same time. They also put on tremendous amounts of muscle while somehow managing to be leaner than ever past the age of 35. Bonds goes from being a .290 career hitter to putting up .360's in his late 30's. There's really no doubt in my mind that they used.

A-rod is another story. Canseco is trying to sell a second book and needs something to talk about. If he had dirt on A-rod, we'd have heard it in the first book. My guess is he's going to talk about his philandering ways and that's why he's being so vague.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote