cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #11
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
What?? Chrisman gave up basketball for baseball and when that didn't work, he ended up playing hoops for BYU-Hawaii.
Chrisman has some serious academic problems at BYU.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #12
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
BYU looked a little sloppy against Portland. I think Andy Toolson is pretty solid as a color analyst. Probably better than the Mtn idiots.
The start of the game was frenetic, with Tavernari and everyone else missing practically everything they put up, yet we were still leading. They got better when they settled down.

Also the production values were horrible. I kept wanting to turn up the brightness, or is my TV shot? My boys kept asking if it was some old time game. I suppose the number of white players on the court might have also influenced their assumptions.

Will the Weber game be on BYUTV?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:50 PM   #13
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
The start of the game was frenetic, with Tavernari and everyone else missing practically everything they put up, yet we were still leading. They got better when they settled down.

Also the production values were horrible. I kept wanting to turn up the brightness, or is my TV shot? My boys kept asking if it was some old time game. I suppose the number of white players on the court might have also influenced their assumptions.

Will the Weber game be on BYUTV?
I hate it when the ball is black and you can barely see the players faces. But I guess I can't complain since it was BYUTV and it wasn't supposed to be on at all.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #14
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I hate it when the ball is black and you can barely see the players faces. But I guess I can't complain since it was BYUTV and it wasn't supposed to be on at all.
Correct, at least I'm seeing some games. Also, happy to hear it just wasn't my television.

Back to the topic of this thread, for some reason, I don't dread Collinsworth coming into the game. I like his hustle and he doesn't do a lot of dumb things. His presence is a net-plus IMO.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #15
bstod

bstod is on a distinguished road
Default He's a pretty good offensive player

He was a scorer in high school. He scored both inside and out. Shoots the 3 very well, and can finish. Its been surprising to me that he's struggled putting the ball in the hoop so far, but I've seen him do it against good competition.

BTW, the post that said he was 5'9" until his Senior year.....he was actually 6'0" as a Freshman and then grew about 2-3 inches every year. He has very good guard skills (ball handling, shooting) because of this.
bstod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #16
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Was Chrisman really baptized?

I went and played ball at a church in Orem and Shaun Opunui was there after his abbreviated mission, his girlfriend was sitting on the stage with a skirt on and he was standing between her legs making out with her.

During the actual games we played I was not impressed at all, and my brother in law crossed him up bad and he fell on his butt. I knew right then that he wouldnt make it at BYU.

Chrisman and Opunui did both go on to have solid 1-AA careers but I dont think either one was D-1 material.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #17
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
What?? Chrisman gave up basketball for baseball and when that didn't work, he ended up playing hoops for BYU-Hawaii.
I was making reference to the fact that Chrisman was a thief. His senior year playing high school hoops, he stole a bunch of stuff from the Huntsman Center locker rooms. Not coincidentally the Utes stopped recruiting him. Something about him stealing from his teammates.

Now the TE former known as Ben Allison that is a good man who gave up his thieving from teammates/potential teammates ways.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #18
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Was Chrisman really baptized?

I went and played ball at a church in Orem and Shaun Opunui was there after his abbreviated mission, his girlfriend was sitting on the stage with a skirt on and he was standing between her legs making out with her.

During the actual games we played I was not impressed at all, and my brother in law crossed him up bad and he fell on his butt. I knew right then that he wouldnt make it at BYU.

Chrisman and Opunui did both go on to have solid 1-AA careers but I dont think either one was D-1 material.
Yes, whoever he married was LDS and he joined the Church while he was at BYU-H.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #19
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Chrisman being LDS is a good example why they have locks on the lockers in the Temple.
?? Seriously, what's your problem? BYU fans who do this are a-holes, Utes who do it are the same. You don't usually come across as an a-hole, so why stoop to that level. I know Chrisman and his family. He's a good guy. He had a youthful indescretion. You never had one of those?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #20
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
?? Seriously, what's your problem? BYU fans who do this are a-holes, Utes who do it are the same. You don't usually come across as an a-hole, so why stoop to that level. I know Chrisman and his family. He's a good guy. He had a youthful indescretion. You never had one of those?
It was meant as a joke, and I guess it missed as a joke. I don't think he is a bad person, just find the whole thing with him getting arrested for stealing from the Huntsman Center funny. It was particularly funny because he was being recruited by Utah. It is the same way in which BYU fans who call Paris Warren, Trojan Man is funny.

I apologize to the Chrisman family, and I'll delete the message.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote