cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #21
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
None of those kids are going to play in the NBA. Neville will go home and play pro in Australia. Cummard and Plaisted will go to Europe. It is a good thing their two years away from home as LDS missionaries will prepare them for the culture shock of living in Europe.
My guess is that all three of them make an NBA development roster spot. I also bet that Cummard is drafted by the Celtics in the second round after next year. Plaisted has too much athletic ability for someone not to take a chance on him and try to develop him. Neville is long and will get a chance. Whether or not they ever crack an NBA top 12 roster, I don't know. But I bet all three make it through at least one NBA training camp with a roster spot.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #22
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'll have to trust you. I quit watching the team, except for last night, since the Tavernari incident.
What was the Tavernari incident?
Old 02-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #23
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
they didnt need the two years... their testicular fortitude was sufficient
You will notice that of the two in question the one with real brazen balls is the fellar who went to go and do that which the Lord hath commanded and then decided it sucked big donkey balls after a few months.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #24
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You will notice that of the two in question the one with real brazen balls is the fellar who went to go and do that which the Lord hath commanded and then decided it sucked big donkey balls after a few months.
Cummard went for 7 months?
Old 02-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #25
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Cummard went for 7 months?
I think he only made it 5 months. He left right after his senior year. I went to his farewell. He called me while I was tailgating at the Utah game in 2004. And Goat is right. He just didn't like the mission and wanted to play basketball. Can't say that I blame him. He was in Tennessee after all.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #26
Mormon Red Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
I think he only made it 5 months. He left right after his senior year. I went to his farewell. He called me while I was tailgating at the Utah game in 2004. And Goat is right. He just didn't like the mission and wanted to play basketball. Can't say that I blame him. He was in Tennessee after all.
I didnt know that... I thought he was just a "no thanks" on the mission thing
Old 02-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #27
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

If Travis Hansen can sniff the NBA, Cummard can make an NBA roster and probably stick for quite some time.

Cummard is not only better than Hansen was, but I'm not sure it's even close at this point.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #28
Mormon Red Death

Quote:
that would have been cool to do but for the common folk there were too many repurcussions. The chief being the fact that i couldnt live myself for not toughing it out and all my sibling could. To each his own I guess
Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #29
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
that would have been cool to do but for the common folk there were too many repurcussions. The chief being the fact that i couldnt live myself for not toughing it out and all my sibling could. To each his own I guess
What keeps the regular joe in the field is the fact that every freaking mormon girl on the face of the earth won't give it up unless we are well trained in how to cry on cue. Such training is only learned when one is languishing and sickle thrusting for the souls of mankind.

Once we can cry on cue it seems all inhibitions fly out the window.......
Old 02-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #30
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
I didnt know that... I thought he was just a "no thanks" on the mission thing
Cummard was the same class as Plaisted, Miles and Burgess the Youngest. Cummard went straight on his mission out of HS for a transfer or two or three. Miles, Plaisted and Burgess all came to BYU. Plaisted and Burgess redshirted due to injuries in 2004-2005 while Miles played as Jared Jensen's back up and Andrew Bogut's chief kicker. Miles then went on his mission, Cummard came home as there is a quota out there of how many BYU athletes can be on missions simultaneously. The next year Plaisted and Cummard started while Burgess sat until mid year when he transferred to Gonzaga before he transferred to Azusa Pacific or something like that.

I do think Cummard made it longer than Marc Jackson!