cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Even though they LOST, they still LOST playing EXCITING BASKETBALL!!! You know, like how they still LOST to the JAZZ in the PLAYOFFS last year, but all that mattered was this:

That is right, EXCITING BASKETBALL... you are all stupid bizzlebiatches if you CAN'T understand that.
I hear you Sizzle, Not only was that an amazing play but it came at the end of the game that was already decided. It was such an amazing dunk that the NBA gave Baron and Golden State a 7-0 lead to start the next game. Too bad, Baron didn't have another dunk like that to help give them more points. They lost the next game and the next one.

Golden State basketball--Not playing defense since 2004!

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Even though they LOST, they still LOST playing EXCITING BASKETBALL!!! You know, like how they still LOST to the JAZZ in the PLAYOFFS last year, but all that mattered was this:

That is right, EXCITING BASKETBALL... you are all stupid bizzlebiatches if you CAN'T understand that.
My understanding is that this photo is historic in that it was the first time in the entire existence of basketball at any level that a player jumped high enough to throw the ball down through the hoop.

Sportswriters around the globe have been trying to be the first to coin a term for it and right now there is a pending legal battle between a writer from Uruguay who wants it to be known as a "muy loco gaucho" and a writer from Ethiopia who wants to call it "I'm hungry".

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:09 AM   #13
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
My understanding is that this photo is historic in that it was the first time in the entire existence of basketball at any level that a player jumped high enough to throw the ball down through the hoop.

Sportswriters around the globe have been trying to be the first to coin a term for it and right now there is a pending legal battle between a writer from Uruguay who wants it to be known as a "muy loco gaucho" and a writer from Ethiopia who wants to call it "I'm hungry".
Chick Hearn coined the phrase Slam Dunk. He's responsible for many of the unique sayings you hear in basketball.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Chick Hearn coined the phrase Slam Dunk. He's responsible for many of the unique sayings you hear in basketball.
I know that - I was just trying to have a bit of fun at NorCal's expense. Sheesh.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #15
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Basically almost everything that Hot Rod says he learned from Chick and his time with the Lakers.

Hippety hop, the angle left (or the angle right), yo-yo-ing.....

LA is/was lucky to have the gold standard in both hoops and baseball....Chick and Vin.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Basically almost everything that Hot Rod says he learned from Chick and his time with the Lakers.

Hippety hop, the angle left (or the angle right), yo-yo-ing.....

LA is/was lucky to have the gold standard in both hoops and baseball....Chick and Vin.
Chick was the best.

Did he teach Hot Rod "A gentle push and a mild arc and the cowhide globe hits home."?

Old 03-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #17
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Chick was the best.

Did he teach Hot Rod "A gentle push and a mild arc and the cowhide globe hits home."?
I doubt Chick taught Hot Rod to call Williams "Slick" for the better half of last year. There were a few times when I swear I heard Hot Rod say "Slick Willy takes it strong to the hole".

Apparently Deron Williams didn't appreciate the nick-name and asked Hot Rod to stop using it. Can't exactly say I blame him...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:23 AM   #18
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
I doubt Chick taught Hot Rod to call Williams "Slick" for the better half of last year. There were a few times when I swear I heard Hot Rod say "Slick Willy takes it strong to the hole".

Apparently Deron Williams didn't appreciate the nick-name and asked Hot Rod to stop using it. Can't exactly say I blame him...
Hot Rod is an idiot.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #19
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
The Warriors are a bright spot in the glumly world of the NBA. It's the 84-76 games that are killing it.
Finally someone else on this site with a brain.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:30 AM   #20
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
They are playing streetball. They are part of the problem contributing to the downfall of the NBA. Also, they will never win a championship playing that garbage streetball.
Contributing to the downfall? That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. I don't know how you came to that conclusion. One of, if not THE most exciting teams in the NBA is contributing to its downfall? Yeah, ok...whatever you say Chief.