cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #31
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Prior to attending BYU and not caring one whit about the Jazz one way or the other, it was Hot Rod Hundley's crappiness as an announcer that pushed me into hating the Jazz.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #32
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Prior to attending BYU and not caring one whit about the Jazz one way or the other, it was Hot Rod Hundley's crappiness as an announcer that pushed me into hating the Jazz.
Amen
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #33
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Now that's just weird. I have no idea who announces for other NBA teams.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #34
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Now that's just weird. I have no idea who announces for other NBA teams.
Are you telling me you've never heard of Smokin Al Cokin?
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #35
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
Are you telling me you've never heard of Smokin Al Cokin?
Can't say that I have.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #36
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hot Rod was one of the main barriers for me overcoming my Jazz hatred as well. I couldn't stand all those lame nicknames.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #37
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Hot Rod was one of the main barriers for me overcoming my Jazz hatred as well. I couldn't stand all those lame nicknames.
Hot Rod probably fell off his barstool with joy after the Jazz got Hornacek.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #38
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hot Rod probably fell off his barstool with joy after the Jazz got Hornacek.
I've gotta say, I enjoyed making fun of Hornacek's name. And that's coming from a guy who's last name bears striking similarity to a female reproductive organ.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #39
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Please educate me, oh great one, and tell me exactly why the Warriors have no substance to their play, why it is bad basketball, and not fundamentally sound. Quit making blanket statements, and add some substance.
It isn't fundamentally sound because they have no clue how to play defense. They have no ability to play help defense. They have no ability to guard period. Defense is all about position and they don't have a clue where to be on the floor.

On offense it is nothing more than garbage isolation basketball and nothing else. They go down the floor decide which guy to isolate and that is all that they do. No team work and they only passes are when the player gets stuck and hucks the ball to a teammate hoping that they don't turn it over.

It is flash without an ounce of substance. It is bad basketball but the Warriors will keep giggling those keys in front of NorCal and he will keep on clapping.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:53 PM   #40
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
It isn't fundamentally sound because they have no clue how to play defense. They have no ability to play help defense. They have no ability to guard period. Defense is all about position and they don't have a clue where to be on the floor.

On offense it is nothing more than garbage isolation basketball and nothing else. They go down the floor decide which guy to isolate and that is all that they do. No team work and they only passes are when the player gets stuck and hucks the ball to a teammate hoping that they don't turn it over.

It is flash without an ounce of substance. It is bad basketball but the Warriors will keep giggling those keys in front of NorCal and he will keep on clapping.
One thing I observed from last night's Laker game.....the Warriors do NOT play defense. The Lakers were playing sans Gasol and Bynum, fell down by 26, and still had the lead with a couple minutes to play.

They will not last in the playoffs. But it will be fun to watch them lose.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote