cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #11
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
What an ass. Don't mess with the Dodger Dogs.

My wife is a pretty big Dodger Fan, but she's a little torn because Scoscia manages the Angels. Sometimes I think if I taped a picture of Mike to my forehead I'd get lucky more often.
At one point, the Angels had 5 ex Dodgers or Dodger staffers running their squad during the year the Halos beat the Hated Ones...including Mickey Hatcher, of all people.

Mike Scioscia will always be a Dodger in this town and he has done a great job for ANA. i root for his success simply because I am indifferent towards that team. I live about 15 minutes from the A and I rarely go to games, unless the Dodgers are playing or the firm has extras.

If you wanted to really get lucky, tape a picture of Ron Cey's rear end to your pants. No living person would be able to resist a pinch off the Penguin. That guy was was hot and in very good shape.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #12
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Dude, love the avatar. Did we take that picture or did you just find it online?
You took that picture
Old 03-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #13
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

My draft is this coming Sunday evening and I really look forward to it every year. I've got the ninth pick so it's looking like Cabrera or Rollins for me.

I'm taking my family back to Fenway this summer. I first went to a game their five years ago and it was a great time.

My two teams are the Mariners and the Giants.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #14
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

The Giants are my team, and a small part of me hates DDD for his MLB affiliation. I agree with Runner, Brian Sabean is an idiot, the Giants need to decide if they are rebuilding or not. They may have the oldest infield in MLB history this year with Aurilia, Vizquel and Durham.

However imo unbiased opinion the Giants have the best young pitching staff in the game with Cain, Lincecum, Lowry, Zito and Mitsch, not to mention Hennessy and Sanchez in the pen. To bad they get no run support Cain was like 6-17 last year with a 3.10 ERA.

Then they go out and spend 60 million Aaron Rowand and 125 million on Zito, it makes no sense to me what they are doing with this team. Their farm system is in shambles they have 1 prospect in Baseball Americas top 100 and he is 26 years old. I would love to be the Giants GM, I guarantee I could do a better job.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #15
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
The Giants are my team, and a small part of me hates DDD for his MLB affiliation.
What does the rest of you hate him for?
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #16
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Cubs fan. Very much looking forward to baseball season, and will be until at least June.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #17
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Giants are my team, and a small part of me hates DDD for his MLB affiliation.
Hey, nothing wrong with hating DDD, whatever the reason might be. A large part of me hates DDD because he eats at better restaurants than I do. Plus, he's an attorney...what's not to hate?
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #18
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
The Giants are my team, and a small part of me hates DDD for his MLB affiliation. I agree with Runner, Brian Sabean is an idiot, the Giants need to decide if they are rebuilding or not. They may have the oldest infield in MLB history this year with Aurilia, Vizquel and Durham.
Hey, dont hate me cuz you ain't me. YOhio already has that job.

I will give Giants fans credit for a home yard that scores off the charts in the general categories of radness and bitchenocity.

Beyond that, I just dont get the appeal. Is it all the winning? It is the old stadium where you would freeze to death or get hit by stray AA batteries? Or is it the appealing black and orange merchandising scheme?

I will say this about the Azul v Hated Ones.....the Yankees and Sox may have their little 1918 chants, pre-game roll calls, and a general over-exposure rivaled only by Monica Lewinksy's blue Gap dress......but if you want to experience the andrenaline of pure DANGER, try coming to the Ravine during a Giants series, sit in the left field pavs, and rock your Giants jersey. As far as I know, nobody has been murdered after a Red Sox/Yanks game.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #19
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Atlanta Braves fan. Always been one, and I refuse to jump ship. I hate all bandwagoners - even ones who root for my team.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #20
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
getting excited for baseball?

Il Pad's moving avatar (self portraiture, I'm sure) is getting me fired up. I think this is going to be a really good MLB season

[And we can go ahead and skip all the "who cares about boring baseball" posts too.]

Man, I have cabin fever.
Words can't convey how excited I am.

You know those clips of screaming girls when The Beatles arrived at JFK? That's nothing.

And Smokeymountain - take heart. Our O's will be no worse. In order for our team to have a successful season, we only have to be within 5 games of first place when May starts.

I've heard rumors that Rip is trying to put a group together to buy the Orioles from that Damngelos. Oh, how I hope it's true.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.

Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 03-19-2008 at 09:12 PM.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote