cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I don't think Flacco will go to the third round. Sorry.
You may be right, but most people have Ryan, Henne and Brohm ahead of him on draftboards.

Team that will take a qb for sure in the 1st two rounds are:

Atlanta
Baltimore
Chicago

Other than that, its not like last year with so many qbs going in the 1st two rounds last year a lot of needs have been filled.

Kansas City
Green Bay
Miami

are all teams that could take a qb high. I think Miami does what it takes to get Flacco or Henne.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #12
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

I have watched every NFL draft with the exception of the two years I was on my mission (and even then my dad sent me a complete list of who went where) since I was 12 or so. I love it. It is my football fix in the middle of spring.

I like CJ's top 10 and I think it could shake down that way if there aren't any trades. Having said that, I think there is some movement making things hard to predict.

I also don't think Flacco falls into the 3rd round. Word out of Miami is they are hoping to get another 1st round pick to move back up to get a guy who they don't think is available with the first pick of round 2. I wonder if that is Henne, or Flacco.

Either way, the draft will be interesting...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard Miami likes Henne.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #14
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I heard Miami likes Henne.
I don't think Henne is the guy, although there is a team rumored to be interested in Henne in the mid to late 1st. Not sure who that is, as I think that would be a bit of a reach. I wonder if teams look at Henne and hope they aren't missing the next Tom Brady...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:32 PM   #15
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
You may be right, but most people have Ryan, Henne and Brohm ahead of him on draftboards.

Team that will take a qb for sure in the 1st two rounds are:

Atlanta
Baltimore
Chicago

Other than that, its not like last year with so many qbs going in the 1st two rounds last year a lot of needs have been filled.

Kansas City
Green Bay
Miami

are all teams that could take a qb high. I think Miami does what it takes to get Flacco or Henne.

Don't forget the Jets. Not sure if they are sold on what they have in place. Another possibility is the Panthers, they don't want to have the mess they had when Delhome went down last year and he is getting up there in age and next years draft will not be quarterback rich. With that being said there might be other teams that will look into that and take a qb higher than they would this year because of the depth next year.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Titans take a qb this draft. Just a thought.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:01 AM   #16
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
Don't forget the Jets. Not sure if they are sold on what they have in place. Another possibility is the Panthers, they don't want to have the mess they had when Delhome went down last year and he is getting up there in age and next years draft will not be quarterback rich. With that being said there might be other teams that will look into that and take a qb higher than they would this year because of the depth next year.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Titans take a qb this draft. Just a thought.
If McFadden is on the board and the Jets take Ryan, that will be some quality TV. Watching the Jet fans boo their selection is fun...I suspect that is why Waters watches for the Jets.

I'm hoping that the Redskins can trade down and aquire more picks. Some of these teams with QB needs could trade up to #21 and take Brohm...it might be too high for him, but if Atlanta doesn't go QB at #3, then everyone knows that Brohm or Flacco won't make it past pick 33 or 34.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #17
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post

I would also not be surprised if Jason Taylor is traded (probably a late first or early second round as well as a future 4th or 5th round pick) and Miami packages a few other picks to move up.
I just hope Washington isn't the sucker that trades its first rounder for Taylor. Not that he wouldn't be productive, but at 33 going on 34, he's not worth that price.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:08 AM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

No way I would give out that much for Taylor. That's like trading 8 years for 2 years.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:11 AM   #19
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

Quote:
No way I would give out that much for Taylor. That's like trading 8 years for 2 years.
Exactly. He's worth a third rounder at best.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:19 AM   #20
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I really enjoy watching it.

I'm glad they cut down from 15 to 10 minutes in the 1st round between picks. They need to cut it down even more.

Course, now that I'm deciding which team I should cheer for to be my #1 team, I don't know if it'll make watching the draft more or less interesting.

I'll say this: Chad Henne imo, might be the most underated player in the draft.