cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2008, 05:56 AM   #11
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Even a laker fan shouldn't be able to argue that the Vuja Chick boot out of bounds that was called a foul on AK was legit. As far as the Jazz fouling a ton, they averaged 2 more fouls per game than the Lakers. This stat is WAAAAAAYYY overblown. 2 more per game. Woopedeedoo.
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug View Post
Even a laker fan shouldn't be able to argue that the Vuja Chick boot out of bounds that was called a foul on AK was legit. As far as the Jazz fouling a ton, they averaged 2 more fouls per game than the Lakers. This stat is WAAAAAAYYY overblown. 2 more per game. Woopedeedoo.
Yes, that was a bad call, but that didnt swing the entire game.

The Jazz had plenty of chances to take the lead.

Okur missed a free throw. Missed layups. Missed open shots. Korver was basically useless.

Win some lose some. Tonight the Jazz lost. I predict they will win on Friday night.

Now will all you Jazz apologists stop avoiding the real issue....the face of your franchise was shown picking his nose twice on national TV. Disgusting.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #13
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
no shock there.
What are you, a Jazz fan now? Sure, they blew a couple calls, but it was an adequate job overall.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #14
livecoug

Nope, it didn't swing the game. Like I said, the Jazz blew probably 10 chances to take the lead this game. I can't believe they couldn't conver once. Oh well.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:06 AM   #15
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Nope, it didn't swing the game. Like I said, the Jazz blew probably 10 chances to take the lead this game. I can't believe they couldn't conver once. Oh well.
It is funny you mention that because the TNT crew kept making a big deal about how there has never been a lead change in this series in any second half.

They said it so many times that I started worrying about it in the actual game. Every time the Jazz came within one or tied it up, I was freaking out about the lead change.

Is Millsap that bad of a defensive liability? Because once they got into the bonus, not sure why Sloan kept going with Boozer. Millsap brings energy and he attacks the basket. He could have at least gone to the line a few times. Boozer gives Utah very little in crunch time. Also, no Brewer and more Harpring, which I was happy about. I am all for Sloan's rotations tonight.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 05-15-2008, 06:09 AM   #16
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
I'm not saying it wasn't a bad call. Those kind of calls are 50-50 whenever you reach like AK. I was merely commenting on the ref trailing the play by 50 feet who called the foul. That was more ridiculous then a foul being called at all.

Either way, the Jazz lost because Boozer disappeared again. He was a bigger difference than officiating by far.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:09 AM   #17
livecoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
It is funny you mention that because the TNT crew kept making a big deal about how there has never been a lead change in this series in any second half.
LOL.. that's exactly why I noticed. I started paying more attention when the Jazz had the ball down 1 or 2. Never took the lead. Amazing.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:14 AM   #18
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

They said it so many times that I started worrying about it in the actual game. Every time the Jazz came within one or tied it up, I was freaking out about the lead change.

Is Millsap that bad of a defensive liability? Because once they got into the bonus, not sure why Sloan kept going with Boozer. Millsap brings energy and he attacks the basket. He could have at least gone to the line a few times. Boozer gives Utah very little in crunch time. Also, no Brewer and more Harpring, which I was happy about. I am all for Sloan's rotations tonight.
Funny I was the same way. When Okur blew that FT I jumped off the couch.

I commented about Sloan awhile back when someone made the thread about him as COY I think. I mentioned that his substitution patterns and unwillingness to make adjustments are why he's never won the big one. He's a great coach but there is something he lacks that keeps him from being up there with Popovich or Jackson.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:17 AM   #19
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Funny I was the same way. When Okur blew that FT I jumped off the couch.

I commented about Sloan awhile back when someone made the thread about him as COY I think. I mentioned that his substitution patterns and unwillingness to make adjustments are why he's never won the big one. He's a great coach but there is something he lacks that keeps him from being up there with Popovich or Jackson.
The other thing I have noticed about Sloan....he doesnt do much more than JAX....he does a lot of sitting around looking all glassy eyed. Sloan will get up every now and then to make a face or something, but so does JAX. Their coaching styles are very similar, actually.

Sloan went with Boozer too long tonight and really in this whole series. It will be his undoing.

Weirdest guy on the Jazz....Okur. After every game, you think they guy kind of sucks and is useless....then you look at his line and he always has like 18 and 12 or some similar double double.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:18 AM   #20
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

The thing that frustrates me most about the officiating is the inconsistency in which it is called. Kobe and Lamar get "and 1" opportunities in the 4th when they were not touched, and Williams/Boozer drive to the basket, get fouled but don't get the call.

This loss can hardly be put at the feet of the refs. The Jazz had too many chances to make a move and made bad decisions with the ball, taking bad shots, turning it over or not getting loose ball rebounds after a defensive stop. Those things are what hurt the worst. And yes, those calls were influential. But I still believe that the Jazz had too many chances tonight to point a finger at the officiating and really lay blame.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote