cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 02:56 AM   #11
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
KY sliding in and out. Real smooth.
It was only a matter of time before someone went there.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:00 AM   #12
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Rose responds with a big three. The foul situation is a joke 7-1 in team fouls right now, Xavier shoots the rest of the way. its amazing that BYU has scored all of the their second half points in the paint except 3, Xavier has shot nothing but jumpers and yet the team fouls are that big of a difference.

Free throws will loom large in this game.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:05 AM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

BYU not playing defense. Xavier guys licking finger and putting it in the air to check air currents before shooting 3s.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:09 AM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this is the game that even homers realize that Trent, as presently constituted, is a combine-numbers good-on-paper not-effective-on-the-court basketball player.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:42 AM   #15
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

BYU choked!

This is bullshit-how come for once someone cant step up and make a play, Ainge had 3 crucial point blank jumpers that he missed long, every one of them.

Xavier is not a great team, we played horrible defense, and Plaisted looked bad.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:49 AM   #16
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Great season, bad ending. Plaisteds last 5 minutes were a major defensive abomination. Even the slightest of head fakes sends him into the 10th row.

BYU had every chance to win this game in spite of the laughable and huge free throw attempt disparity. Simply put BYU choked.

Oh well. Great season. Spring football is next.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:50 AM   #17
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
BYU choked!

This is bullshit-how come for once someone cant step up and make a play, Ainge had 3 crucial point blank jumpers that he missed long, every one of them.

Xavier is not a great team, we played horrible defense, and Plaisted looked bad.
Yup. Very disappointed. Very frustrated. At least my baby is 7 weeks old tomorrow... there is some consolation for me.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:59 AM   #18
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Xavier was not that good. I am very disappointed in the loss. Keena had a solid second half. TP failed to show up tonight. Xavier owned the boards and made the cougs looked like slow white guys that couldn't jump. Ainge played well through most of the game until the last 2 minutes and then missed several jumpers that he makes 7 out of 10 times.

Dollman(Sp??) impressed in the 2nd half. I believed the announcers just proposed to "The littlest man on the court".

In the end, I am ticked that they lost, but it really wouldn't matter as OSU will absolutely destroy XU. Watching the OSU game earlier, I felt kind of like I did back in the early 90's with Shawn Bradley in the tourney, praying that we would lose to, I believe, LSU so we wouldn't have to get embarassed in round 2 against an incredible Oklahoma team.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:40 AM   #19
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think this is the game that even homers realize that Trent, as presently constituted, is a combine-numbers good-on-paper not-effective-on-the-court basketball player.
I'd revise that to a combine numbers-good on paper-decent in MWC play-not yet effective (at times a liability) in a big/meaningful game player.

Re: combine numbers, I'm not sure I believe in the 4.6 40 time. In fact, I don't believe it.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #20
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I'd revise that to a combine numbers-good on paper-decent in MWC play-not yet effective (at times a liability) in a big/meaningful game player.

Re: combine numbers, I'm not sure I believe in the 4.6 40 time. In fact, I don't believe it.
Yeah, something's got to happen with TP. Getting that reboud with 10 left and just throwing it at the basket. A decent big man is strong enough to take time to establish his pivot, turn and shoot a nice soft righty jump hook to tie the game. Or get fouled at make the fts. Please someone tell me this was just a sophomore jinx.

Oh well, bluegoose is correct, OSU would have just killed us.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote