cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 11-21-2016, 01:25 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vs. Coastal Carolina

Things that I noticed.

1. Mika seems A LOT more savvy now than when he was a freshman. He always used to make the dumb plays that landed him in foul trouble. He's not doing that anymore, and that's a great sign.

2. Rose is showing good signs. I like him.

3. Haws. He's a big question mark for this year. Will he be a defensive liability? Will he be a better defender than his brother was? What position will he play? If he is on the floor at the same time as Emery and Rose, he's playing the 3, and I could see him being just like his brother. Too weak, too small, not athletic enough. And then can he make up for it on the offensive end?

4. Childs. I like him a lot. He is good. He's going to get better.

5. Elijah - I can't really deduce anything from what I saw.

6. Overally it's remarkable how different this team is from last year. It's like Emery and Davis the only players that returned.

7. Aytes. I heard the announcers say that he has completely reworked his body in preparation for this year. I hope so, because least year he looked to be completely in over his head with a vertical of barely better than Coach Rose's.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Things that I noticed.

1. Mika seems A LOT more savvy now than when he was a freshman. He always used to make the dumb plays that landed him in foul trouble. He's not doing that anymore, and that's a great sign.

2. Rose is showing good signs. I like him.

3. Haws. He's a big question mark for this year. Will he be a defensive liability? Will he be a better defender than his brother was? What position will he play? If he is on the floor at the same time as Emery and Rose, he's playing the 3, and I could see him being just like his brother. Too weak, too small, not athletic enough. And then can he make up for it on the offensive end?

4. Childs. I like him a lot. He is good. He's going to get better.

5. Elijah - I can't really deduce anything from what I saw.

6. Overally it's remarkable how different this team is from last year. It's like Emery and Davis the only players that returned.

7. Aytes. I heard the announcers say that he has completely reworked his body in preparation for this year. I hope so, because least year he looked to be completely in over his head with a vertical of barely better than Coach Rose's.

Bryant is getting back into shape and presses too much ,but the CC game was an improvement.

Tonight is a game against St. Louis.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:52 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfYgbNOa0ac

there's about 25 people in attendance.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:39 AM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

the game was kinda close when I turned it off, about 8 or 9 minutes left in 2nd half. Now I look and it was a blowout, so BYU turned on the jets and SLU cratered.

BYU didn't look very good in the parts I watched. You had Mika dominating inside, and Davis doing some nice things inside as well. And then the guards looking awful, not making good decisions, taking bad shots, not sharing the rock well, and getting burned on defense.

These guards have a long way to go.