cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Home Improvement and Real Estate

Old 04-29-2008, 03:32 AM   #1
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My new home theater

It's almost done...finally. We just have to put the final painting on the wall we're projecting on to, but it's good enough to watch stuff on as it is. The image in high-def is about 9 feet across, a little over 5 feet high. It looks great. I went a little cheap on the projector, only got a 720. I just couldn't justify paying another $1000 for the 1080 when the 720 is totally acceptable. I also only got a very basic sound system. The room is so small it doesn't need anything too great. But sports look great on it. Can't wait for football season.

I took some pictures, but just with my phone, so they don't look great. It's much better in person.

Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:57 AM   #2
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

looks awesome!
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
It's almost done...finally. We just have to put the final painting on the wall we're projecting on to, but it's good enough to watch stuff on as it is. The image in high-def is about 9 feet across, a little over 5 feet high. It looks great. I went a little cheap on the projector, only got a 720. I just couldn't justify paying another $1000 for the 1080 when the 720 is totally acceptable. I also only got a very basic sound system. The room is so small it doesn't need anything too great. But sports look great on it. Can't wait for football season.

I took some pictures, but just with my phone, so they don't look great. It's much better in person.

When are you inviting me over for a Giants game?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

That is very cool...well done. I would love to do some kind of setup like that.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Wow. That does NOT suck.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #6
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got my home theater, but it isn't that cool. I'm still having fun with it though.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote