cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Finances

Old 09-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default God's Bank

aka Zions Bank get some pretty good pub today.. It mainly talks about WaMu and a possible buy out but Zions got a pretty favorable plug as well. pretty interesting. Click on the video at the bottom on the left, there is a video about Zions Bank - blond lady with grey/blue suit.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/s...te?Symbol=zion
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:04 AM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
aka Zions Bank get some pretty good pub today.. It mainly talks about WaMu and a possible buy out but Zions got a pretty favorable plug as well. pretty interesting. Click on the video at the bottom on the left, there is a video about Zions Bank - blond lady with grey/blue suit.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/s...te?Symbol=zion

Do LDS Ute fans hate Zions Bank, too?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Nope.

For the record, we ALUFs don't so much hate BYU the school or BYU the team as BYU the pinhead fans.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:57 AM   #4
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Nope.

For the record, we ALUFs don't so much hate BYU the school or BYU the team as BYU the pinhead fans.
no, but we used to prefer first security bank b/c of the eccles connection, but didn't they merge with zions?
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:59 AM   #5
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
no, but we used to prefer first security bank b/c of the eccles connection, but didn't they merge with zions?
Wasn't it Wells Fargo? Or am I thinking of First Interstate?
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:03 AM   #6
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
The comparable situation is probably a guy like me, who works for a "secular" bank. I should go onto the Zions Bank message board at Yahoo Finance and complain about how self-righteous they are and be offended at their tie-ins of the Gospel and banking. Then they could tell me to go back to spending my days drinking beer and wishing I could get hired by Zions instead of at my Godless bank.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:20 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
The comparable situation is probably a guy like me, who works for a "secular" bank. I should go onto the Zions Bank message board at Yahoo Finance and complain about how self-righteous they are and be offended at their tie-ins of the Gospel and banking. Then they could tell me to go back to spending my days drinking beer and wishing I could get hired by Zions instead of at my Godless bank.
Thanks for the laugh. That was very well done.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
zions and first security were going to merge, something happened at the last second and wells fargo swooped in. it was not a good take over. lots of bad stuff... of course the dust has settled.

did anyone else notice at the Jazz games that the Eccles would not put on the Zions Bank TRUE BLUE t-shirts? seems like there is some bad feelings there..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
did anyone else notice at the Jazz games that the Eccles would not put on the Zions Bank TRUE BLUE t-shirts? seems like there is some bad feelings there..
That's one of the reasons I like Eccles. He doesn't hide his true feelings.

I'll never forget the day when the Utah indoor practice facility was opened for the public to see and Eccles had Urban Meyer in a corner, giving Meyer a major what-for. It was awesome. Meyer knew he had duped the wrong guy.