cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #31
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Your lack of insight into the human condition is profound.

You are a destroyer. And that is where we diverge. I am a creator. Look at your life.

So when I am criticized by you, I realize it is coming from a destroyer. I know the Lord is a master creator. And that is what I aspire to.

And that's why I have full confidence that the Mike Waters will triumph over the Utah Dan's. Eventually.
Wow. Just......wow.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #32
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Wow. Just......wow.
You know exactly what I am talking about.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #33
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is always a difficult issue, but esp. when a child is young. My priest quorum's advisor had an oldest son who was about 11, and was inactive. He refused to come to church and threw tantrums, etc. He was a real hellion.

This brother, from what I could tell, was deeply pained. It seeemed like he had already fought his son, and then was trying not to fight. This man was incredibly patient and good-natured with the priests, all of whom went on missions, and as far as I know, are all still active in the church.

This man is now a stake president (Idaho?). And his oldest son is in prison.
This isn't really a question. It's is the Mike Waters version of "You're either with us or against us."

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #34
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
This isn't really a question. It's is the Mike Waters version of "You're either with us or against us."
Join me Tex, in supporting a stake president. I know you can do it.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #35
UtahDan

Quote:
You know exactly what I am talking about.
If you mean you're a creator of some larger than life delusions and that I destroy the same, I suppose I can get on board with that. The real difference between us Mike is that I am capable of critical self examination that often leads to me conclude I have been wrong about something or that my view needs modification. As you have shown so often, and as the recent thread in the crypt so amply demonstrates, you are not.

Mike Waters, creator of fantasies and fairy tales where he is the hero.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #36
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I am convinced waters is trolling. He returned from scout camp a little cranky, feeling put upon and now finds he has no budget for his program and sees himself as the very first person in church history who has had to fill sometimes significant financial gaps in matters related to his calling and, to top it all off, he looks at the board and discovers that no one, not a single person, was stirring the crap while he was gone!

This can not stand.

So he starts a few threads with some sloppy language and either ridiculous or misleading comments and then, when challenged, retreats behind his unique combination of 19th century war-time rhetoric and French combat maneuvers (IOW, retreats). It must be so. Otherwise, I truly pity poor Farrah.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #37
UtahDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I am convinced waters is trolling. He returned from scout camp a little cranky, feeling put upon and now finds he has no budget for his program and sees himself as the very first person in church history who has had to fill sometimes significant financial gaps in matters related to his calling and, to top it all off, he looks at the board and discovers that no one, not a single person, was stirring the crap while he was gone!

This can not stand.

So he starts a few threads with some sloppy language and either ridiculous or misleading comments and then, when challenged, retreats behind his unique combination of 19th century war-time rhetoric and French combat maneuvers (IOW, retreats). It must be so. Otherwise, I truly pity poor Farrah.
IOW, is Mike just acting like an asshole, or is he the genuine article.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #38
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no doubt that MW is a pathological troll. The question that begs asking is whether after all of these years of non-stop trolling has he gotten to the point where he can't distinguish the difference anymore?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #39
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Don't worry Creek, I will put an end to my troubles very shortly. I will do the same thing that every other young couple in my ward before he has done--move away. And I mean EVERY OTHER. We have the longest tenure in our ward of any family in our category.

I will move to some ward with a bunch of spoiled white rich kids. And all will be good.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #40
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't trust the people here that say they would never in any circumstance let a child refuse to go to church, based on observing the family I talked about.
But you are the only one (outside of your wife, perhaps) on this board who has observed this family and knows the details. If you are simply going to dismiss our responses because we don't know the situation, then what exactly is the objective of this thread? What kind of response were you hoping for?