cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goat's thoughts....

1.) Ethyn Manalaneuma. Who is the only player on the two deep not on campus during last spring ball. If you wonder why this team was able to hit the road running in game 1 remind yourself about our "where is such and such" posts in August of just about every year for the past 5. That is the best sign that BYU is establishing a program.

2.) Anytime somebody references Ian Dulan, just go ahead and make sure you call him an 18 year old sophmore.

3.) Max Hall is poised and solid. However, his first start was under the most favorable circumstances, with respect to supporting cast and not opponent, for a new BYU qb since at least Ty Detmer and maybee before him. That said, there are still some kinks to work out with his timing of the deeper seam routes to tight ends and his timing with Austin Collie. I like all of BYU's receivers but why I am so excited about the offense the next couple of years is Austin brings a dimension that BYU usually lacks. Once Hall gets more polished and experienced with the deep seam routes to TE and he and Austin become familiar with each other......

4.) That might have been one of the most solid coaching jobs this staff has done yet. I was really, really impressed. I scripted my fantasy for that game in my head and it damn near came to fruition. The only thing it was missing was Catherine Zeta Jones and Jessica Alba getting into a "Tastes Great vs Less Filling" brouhaha at halftime.

5.) This offense is exactly what Norm Chow was trying to accomplish at BYU in the late 90's. BYU cannot win by duck and chuck like it did in the 80's. Balance is a must. The Y has it right now.

6.) Harvey Unga....you guessed it. HE MAKES MY NIPPLES HARD! I liked our team before, but I was totally blown away by Harvey. I hunger for mo' UNGA!

7.) Can anyone give a rational explanation why Sasaun Shakerin is not seriously considering BYU?

8.) How much does that game change if Fontenot holds onto that bad throw from Max and Max's first pick is a TommyGrady pick 6? Biggest play of the game, in hindsight.

9.) Fui is not 100% and perhaps he may never be again. But BYU will be fine if he is not and if he does get back to 100%, that is another weapon that will be spectacular with the rest of the arsenal.

10.) I loved it when the OL coach yanked Ray Feinga for a hold. This OL has the most talented menage'a'trois I have seen at BYU in possible ever. I know BYU has had some great OL over the years but I am convinced they have never had 3 OL together as good as Travis Bright, Dallas Reynolds and Ray Feinga. It is also the deepest OL I can ever remember at BYU. A future NFL player gets a hold called on him and the coach sits his ass the rest of the game. Rarely do jiggily man boobed OL makes this former warriors NIPPLES HARD, but I think they may cross that threshold before too much longer.

11.) I stand with Brother Jay in his peace and contentment with the status of the BYU football program. Brother Bronco has the ponies aligned and headed in the right direction.

12.) I still think we lose to UCLA on Saturday, but I am convinced we compete like hell and the Bruins will look back on it as the 3rd best team they face all year, behind Cal and USC.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I said the same thing about Dulan, he is only 18, BJ is not the only one that gets that said every time he makes a play. Give Ian the same respect.

Also I agree with the Feinga hold, i noticed that as well, and I thought it was a good message from Weber.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP

Wow, Goat referring to himself in the 1st person. You truly have reached legendary status.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
Wow, Goat referring to himself in the 1st person. You truly have reached legendary status.
But only in Goat's mind.