cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #41
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Ute fans like funk who want Whittingham to fire Ludwig are unrealistic. Utah is not a BCS school. Even as a second tier school its tradition is thin. I imagine it has a fairly big budget for a non-BCS school, it is close to the cusp, but still....

My point is, why do they think Whittingham can do better? A Utefans poll this year showed the vast majority of Ute fans give Ludwig a B+ to a B for his performance this year. There were a smattering of A's and A+'s and very few grades below B. Ludwig is a seasoned pro. He has been around a long time and coached at some strong programs. He's respected. He's been a part of keeping Utah more than respectable through some real adversity. His offenses have had some really brilliant games. Whittingham could hire an offensive line or quarterback coach someplace, but I doubt he could do better. Anyway, Ludwig is the smart, conservative choice. Whittingham isn't blindly loyal. He's hedging his bets by staying the course. Charging Whittingham with blind loyalty to friends is just silly. There's not a case for firing Ludwig.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 11-27-2007 at 03:14 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #42
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Ute fans like funk who want Whittingham to fire Ludwig are unrealistic. Utah is not a BCS school. Even as a second tier school its tradition is thin. I imagine it has a fairly big budget for a non-BCS school, it is close to the cusp, but still....

My point is, why do they think Whittingham can do better? A Utefans poll this year showed the vast majority of Ute fans give Ludwig a B+ to a B for his performance this year. There were a smattering of A's and A+'s and very few grades below that. Ludwig is a seasoned pro. He has been around a long time and coached at some strong programs. He's respected. He's been a part of keeping Utah more than respectable through some real adversity. His offenses have had some really brilliant games. Whittingham could hire an offensive line or quarterback coach someplace, but I doubt he could do better. Anyway, Ludwig is the smart, conservative choice. Whittingham isn't blindly loyal. He's hedging his bets by staying the course. Charging Whittingham with blind loyalty to friends is just silly. There's not a case for firing Ludwig.
Ludwig does appear to be a good, safe choice.

He has experience and his offense will have some good games and some average games. He won't pull a Crowton where it just implodes and he can be a lightening rod. He can be a lifetime supporter and will often take much of the heat.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #43
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'm not sure I'd call "two last minute miracles from being 0-3" dominance.
Of course you wouldn't-- you are a Utah fan. You haven't expunged the last vestiges of McBride just yet. "Almost" still counts for something for you.