cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #21
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Yeah, one game doth a season make.
Perhaps not one, but six games just may doth. Cal, Washington State, USC, Arizona, Oregon State, AND BYU. Those six games, and especially that four-game losing streak at the end-- it smells like a let-down, wouldn't you say? Not to mention the fact that in three of the four games, they failed to score more than 20 points, and in two of the last three, they couldn't crack more than 10. I'd say Crowton shoulders at least SOME of the blame for that.

Last edited by All-American; 11-16-2007 at 04:35 PM.
All-American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #22
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I know the feeling. it is like your posts, each with a subtext about the Church...
LOL, of course Seattle Ute doesn't get on MikeWaters for his A&M posts that none of us care about. How dare anyone post about football in the football section of the board? Clearly he is a bitter guy about a lot of things, I guess I did something to make him bitter to me.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #23
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
LOL, of course Seattle Ute doesn't get on MikeWaters for his A&M posts that none of us care about. How dare anyone post about football in the football section of the board? Clearly he is a bitter guy about a lot of things, I guess I did something to make him bitter to me.
Listen to HuskyFreeNorthwest. Who's bitter? Just look at his board name. More than a duck fan, he's obsessed with the Huskies, which is typical of all ducks. What if my board name was genocideforallcougars? That would speak volumes, wouldn't it. There's nothing wrong with the ducks except their fans, who are insufferable.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:08 PM   #24
jxncoog

jxncoog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Yeah unlikely. Probably the most likely scenario for my wish is for LSU to lose and for West Virginia to move up to play the Big XII champ in BCS champ game.
the prospect of LSU losing is valid. SEC is tough. I'd love to see Pac-10 and Big X(I) shut out of the bcs championship. Kansas needs to win out!
jxncoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #25
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Listen to HuskyFreeNorthwest. Who's bitter? Just look at his board name. More than a duck fan, he's obsessed with the Huskies, which is typical of all ducks. What if my board name was genocideforallcougars? That would speak volumes, wouldn't it. There's nothing wrong with the ducks except their fans, who are insufferable.
HAHAHA

You know a lot about me don't you. I guess I could explain that the reason I have this board name was that before I had even attended a game, day of school anything at Oregon I was talking with my mission president (I am sure I will be mocked by you for staying in touch with my mission president) who played football at Washington and whose son used to post a lot on CB. When I told my MP that I was moving to Oregon and going to school there, a couple of days later I got in the mail from him a bumber sticker that said I support a Husky Free Northwest, along with a note that said if you are going to the University of Oregon you better learn about the rivalry. Since I knew his son was on CB I chose that for a moniker there. Rather than use a different one here I stayed with the same one.

But like I said you know a lot about me, and make some great sweeping generalizations. Like I said you are a bitter person, I find it funny that all I have done to you is choose an internet moniker that has nothing to do with you.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #26
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
HAHAHA

You know a lot about me don't you. I guess I could explain that the reason I have this board name was that before I had even attended a game, day of school anything at Oregon I was talking with my mission president (I am sure I will be mocked by you for staying in touch with my mission president) who played football at Washington and whose son used to post a lot on CB. When I told my MP that I was moving to Oregon and going to school there, a couple of days later I got in the mail from him a bumber sticker that said I support a Husky Free Northwest, along with a note that said if you are going to the University of Oregon you better learn about the rivalry. Since I knew his son was on CB I chose that for a moniker there. Rather than use a different one here I stayed with the same one.

But like I said you know a lot about me, and make some great sweeping generalizations. Like I said you are a bitter person, I find it funny that all I have done to you is choose an internet moniker that has nothing to do with you.
DOn't get worked up. He's just trolling and is still new to this idea of actually watching teams from one's school. Just the other day, at his advanced age, he excitedly told us all how he had (finally?) seen the utes play in person. Of course, they were playing against the Huskies and he was rooting against the huskies, which kind of undermines his point here, but why let something like that stop you on an internet board, eh?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #27
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Do you honestly believe the Ducks are any worse than your run of the mill SEC team?
I think they are easily just as bad, and in some cases probably worse.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #28
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I think they are easily just as bad, and in some cases probably worse.
I don't think that all the stories on TBS from fans bitter that Oregon got some recruits that BYU wanted constitute evidence. They may be equal to the SEC, but it isn't even possible to be worse.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #29
SeattleUte

Quote:
HAHAHA

I didn't think you made the term up. Like I said, all duck fans are uncannily the same. It's a mass inferiority complex.

—Paul Auster
Old 11-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #30
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
DOn't get worked up. He's just trolling and is still new to this idea of actually watching teams from one's school. Just the other day, at his advanced age, he excitedly told us all how he had (finally?) seen the utes play in person. Of course, they were playing against the Huskies and he was rooting against the huskies, which kind of undermines his point here, but why let something like that stop you on an internet board, eh?
No, I'm an old hand at following teams. This is how I can discern a fan base's mass psychology so well.

—Paul Auster