cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 04:02 AM   #11
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road
Default I like it because....

it thins my face and my wife likes it. Probably her liking is what stops me from getting rid of it.

I'm so used to it that it is totally unintrusive. I shave every day just like anyone, and spend five extra minutes trimming and tightening once a week.

I actually think it is just a better look for me and have been told so by virtually everyone. I get rid of it periodically, but always let it grow right back.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:44 AM   #12
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

BYU's last win over a Division I-A opponent was against SDSU last season.....why should things be any different now?

I'd love to attend the game and the tailgate from that other board, but I'm kind of a GC homer. Bad weekend.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #13
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My goatee

Was home in the US this past summer for an extended period of time and didn't shave for 6 weeks. Shaved the beard back to a goatee and don't mind it at all. Mrs. myboynoah likes it, which is a surprise.

Two reasons to keep it: 1) it doubles the life of my Track 2 blades, and 2) it's my insurance policy against more demanding church callings (at least that's my five year plan).

As for SDSU, nothing's guaranteed, but I expect to see the Cougs finally beat a D1 opponent this weekend. After last week, i'm actually fairly bullish on the Cougs.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

goatee didn't help me. got called to be exec. secretary. and I still dont' wear white shirts or suits.

danged liberal bishop called me. give me a normal bishop and I would be on the backbench.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:28 PM   #15
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I feel like taking advantage of the extra freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk
that is available to me on this site.

SDSU is BYU's bitch and you do not need worry about the game on Saturday. Really this is the only word to describe the relationship between the two in recent years. Should be a comfortable win unless somehow the powers of Tom Craft's mustache increase ten fold.
Can I be the first to go on record as saying that I am still concerned about Saturdays game against SDSU. One reason - team speed.

Sure SDSU is poorly coached and just plain stinks against most teams for much of the year. But the one thing that they usually have is speed at the skill positions on offense and in the secondary on defense.

I was at the Nevada game in 2002 which I consider to be the beginning of the suckiness for "our" team. We outplayed them fundamentally, but got smoked on several long plays at crucial times in the game simply because they had quick backs and receivers.

I apologize for the pessimism. Chalk it up pent-up frustration. I hope that you guys are right and that our offense is clicking like last week and that SDSU's suckiness is true to form as in years past.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:01 PM   #16
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I feel like taking advantage of the extra freedom

1)" Can I be the first to go on record as saying that I am still concerned about Saturdays game against SDSU?"

Goose, I'm afraid the mustache is beginning to wield its powers against you. Stay strong.

2) " I was at the Nevada game in 2002 which I consider to be the beginning of the suckiness for "our" team. We outplayed them fundamentally, but got smoked on several long plays at crucial times in the game simply because they had quick backs and receivers."

Funniest part of that Reno game was the night before when the security guard at the hotel stopped you and I from leaving the hotel because he thought we were on the team. He said "coach says nobody leaves tonight guys." I remember saying to you that if we looked like we could play for Nevada then they must really suck. I also remember asking you if I should put $100 on the game. "The line is only 21 man."
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:31 PM   #17
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

And why wouldn't they think that we were on the team? I mean, there are tons on guys on D-1 programs that are 5'9", 160 aren't there?

I wonder what the security guard thought of our wives and kids when they went into our room? Darn Groupies, can't they leave the kids at home...
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote