cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 04:58 AM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
That's MISS Julie to you, pal. Your shocking lack of respect is why she never called otu your name. Of course, come to think of it, she never called mine either.

Btw, for the rest of you, this shows that Bluehair grew up in SLC and is of a 'certain' age. AM I right?
Yep, just like a number of us here.

A little known fact: My Mom and Miss Julie were roommates in college. And I never got my name called either. I think her mirror was broken.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:08 AM   #12
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's MISS Julie to you, pal. Your shocking lack of respect is why she never called otu your name. Of course, come to think of it, she never called mine either.

Btw, for the rest of you, this shows that Bluehair grew up in SLC and is of a 'certain' age. AM I right?
My apologies to MISS Julie. I grew up in the SLC television market, but not in SLC. Since we seem to be about the same age, do you remember Pizza Puffs? They were a pizza flavored cheese puff in the shape of orange sections. Everyone I talk to seems to think they were a figment of my imagination. They were the best snack food known to mankind. Then one day they were gone.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:10 AM   #13
BlueHair

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Yep, just like a number of us here.

A little known fact: My Mom and Miss Julie were roommates in college. And I never got my name called either. I think her mirror was broken.
Where did they attend college? Was Romper Room a local program? It sounds like that mirror caused much distress among CougarGuarders.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:13 AM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
Where did they attend college? Was Romper Room a local program? It sounds like that mirror caused much distress among CougarGuarders.
Utah State.

I believe Romper Room was local.

And yes, I watched faithfully and was never rewarded.

I remember when I was with my sister and my Mom and we ran into Miss Julie somewhere in public. My little sister asked he straight up why she never mentioned seeing her through the mirror. The silence was deafening for a bit before Julie said "I'll look harder next time."

She lied.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.

Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 01-05-2007 at 05:17 AM.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:14 AM   #15
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
My apologies to MISS Julie. I grew up in the SLC television market, but not in SLC. Since we seem to be about the same age, do you remember Pizza Puffs? They were a pizza flavored cheese puff in the shape of orange sections. Everyone I talk to seems to think they were a figment of my imagination. They were the best snack food known to mankind. Then one day they were gone.
Yes, yes I do. Pizza Puffs. I was not a big fan, leeaning more towards bugles. but I was not adverse to consuming mass quantitites of pizza pufs in a pinch.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:14 AM   #16
BlueHair

Is it just me or does "Romper Room" sound dirty?
Old 01-05-2007, 05:17 AM   #17
BlueHair

Quote:
Yes, yes I do. Pizza Puffs. I was not a big fan, leeaning more towards bugles. but I was not adverse to consuming mass quantitites of pizza pufs in a pinch.
Bugles are a fine snack. Just the right chip to salt ratio.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:19 AM   #18
creekster

Quote:
I think Romper Room was sort of a franchise deal. I remeber visiting some relative out of state and being shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, to see Romper Room with someone other than Miss Julie looking in the mirror.

WIkipedia says I am right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romper_Room
Old 01-05-2007, 05:24 AM   #19
BlueHair

It seems we were supposed to mail in our names. My mom is going to hear it from me. First she gives me an uncommon name, then doesn't have the decency to mail the damn thing in. Also, I'm ashamed to admit that I watched it well past pre-school age.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:56 AM   #20
creekster

Quote:
It seems we were supposed to mail in our names. My mom is going to hear it from me. First she gives me an uncommon name, then doesn't have the decency to mail the damn thing in. Also, I'm ashamed to admit that I watched it well past pre-school age.
Take it easy on your mom. My name is pretty common and Miss Julie never sdaid it either (at least not while I was watching). Should I ask just how old you were when you quit watching ior is that one of those best kleft unsaid sort of things?