cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2007, 07:10 PM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
If one were to argue that with a good coach, this team should have ended up at .500--that is hardly a ringing endorsement of the quality of players you are working with.

I'm not saying Giac was a good coach. I'm just saying that Giac being mediocre isn't the whole picture. I see a court full of stiffs.

Neville is a stiff (only 29 blocks), but a good one.
We'll see. Utah had only one senior this year, and he was little used. Its main players were sophomore's and freshmen. They have a freshman point guard from So. Cal. who was a top 100 prospect. It isn't uncommon for a team like this to come off of a losing season and win 25+. Majerus' first season after Archibald was fired is a case in point. He won 31 I think.

Another reason some people hypothesize this young Ute team has talent is that it is a good shooting team and has demonstrated the ability to light up the scoreboard, which most informed people agree takes athleticism and basketball skills.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 03-04-2007 at 08:30 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote