cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2021, 01:40 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost someone I know to COVID

I think this is the first close-ish person that has died of COVID. High school in the same ward, he was a couple years older than me. So not terribly old. It's very sad, especially for his large family.

I don't know if he was vaccinated or not. But given the stats out there re: deaths and ICU patients, there's a very good chance he was not.

I hope that anyone reading this who isn't vaccinated (and who isn't very young and healthy) will consider getting vaccinated now. I think he thought he was young and healthy. It didn't work out for him. And now his earthly journey is complete.

I was talking to a relative who has chosen not to be vaccinated. He thinks God has a plan for him, and thus won't die. Or if he dies, that was God's plan. I told him maybe it's God's plan for him to listen to me and get vaccinated.

That didn't work of course.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 02:04 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

My father says that six people in his stake have recently passed of COVID. I hope some people will take the action that they need to do before it is too late. I don?t think any of these people thought they would die. Or wanted to die.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote