cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default NBA Playoffs

Who do you think will win their matchups?

I think:

L.A.
Miami
Dallas
Detroit

Who I'd rather see win:

L.A.
Miami
San Antonio (I can't get past my Dirk-hatred)
Cleveland
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Its hard to go against those picks. I think you probably nailed them all. While most have said to not count out SA, I say Dallas holds on in 6 games.

I still can't believe that everyone is talking about LA going to the conference finals, and not be referring to the Lakers. It just seems wrong.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:52 PM   #3
JohnnyLingo

I actually just noticed that on espn.com, 4 of their 5 "experts" (whatever that means) picked Phoenix over LA. I just don't see it.... the Clippers have the big men down low that Phoenix shouldn't be able to handle in the least.

I thought Cleveland was out of it after that 2-0 start by Detroit, but now that it's tied up, I have a small sliver of belief that the Cavs can win the series.

Small, but it's there.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:17 AM   #4
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
I actually just noticed that on espn.com, 4 of their 5 "experts" (whatever that means) picked Phoenix over LA. I just don't see it.... the Clippers have the big men down low that Phoenix shouldn't be able to handle in the least.

I thought Cleveland was out of it after that 2-0 start by Detroit, but now that it's tied up, I have a small sliver of belief that the Cavs can win the series.

Small, but it's there.
Aw crap! Here comes the end of the world. The Sox won the series, the Clippers are in the playoffs, if the NO Saints win the superbowl... It's all over.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:25 PM   #5
JohnnyLingo

Wow, what a game between the Clippers and Suns last night. Both teams made some incredible plays down the stretch (both stupid and smart ones).

And anyone who thinks the Suns don't play in a structured offense is up in the night. I used to agree with that idea somewhat, but after watching Phoenix in this series, it's easy to see they use a very rigid and structured offense that makes the most of the tools they have.

Fun to watch.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed about the Suns offense. The threes they shoot aren't selfish or out of desparation. They set up pretty much each and every one of them.

While I would much prefer that the Jazz were in the playoffs, I have to admit that it is more fun to watch when there is no emotional investment. This Suns/Clippers series has been very entertaining.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #7
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

This is looking more and more Like Dallas's year in the west...and for the experts who said Miami was done after being 2-2 with the Bulls...well, I think they heard you loud and clear.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #8
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Being the sports junkie that I am, over the years I've had a very hard time getting into the NBA Playoffs when the Jazz were done or if they weren't participating.

This playoff season has been entirely different. Seeing Ko-ME Bryant go down in flames was great. Seeing LeBron James grow up before our eyes is fun to watch. In 2-3 years....His dominance is going to be scary.

It's been fun to watch a good guy like Dwayne Wade do so well. He's one of my favorite players in the league. It's always fun to watch the brand of ball the Suns play. It's great to see some new blood in the Clippers doing so well.

It's been fun to see the Mavs finally knock out the Spurs....yes I know that statement is pre-mature, but the Spurs are finished. They'll win tonight, but Dallas will close out the series in game 6. The Mavs are playing like the Spurs of last year and years past.

I still expect Detroit to win the whole thing, but hey if someone else does that would be great for the league.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:53 AM   #9
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
It's been fun to see the Mavs finally knock out the Spurs....yes I know that statement is pre-mature, but the Spurs are finished. They'll win tonight, but Dallas will close out the series in game 6. The Mavs are playing like the Spurs of last year and years past.

I hope that you are right. I have the queasy feeling that the Terry suspension just handed the series to the spurs though.