cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a.../the-fat-wars/

We talk about the horrible problem of eating disorders (anorexia and bulimia--and yes, anorexia esp. is a terrible disease), but isn't the bigger problem in the United States overeating?

I wonder what it would be like to be married to a fat woman. Would it bother me? Would I like it?

Of course, many of you have wives that are having to deal with what it's like to be married to a fat man.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a.../the-fat-wars/

We talk about the horrible problem of eating disorders (anorexia and bulimia--and yes, anorexia esp. is a terrible disease), but isn't the bigger problem in the United States overeating?

I wonder what it would be like to be married to a fat woman. Would it bother me? Would I like it?

Of course, many of you have wives that are having to deal with what it's like to be married to a fat man.
I haven't seen a news story on anorexia or bulimia in forever. I see news stories related to the obesity problem nearly every day. Who is talking about anorexia and bulimia?

And while I am not buying the whole fat and fit (not at 300 pounds, at least) idea, I would welcome more realistic images of women in the media. Most women who maintain a healthy weight with a balanced diet and regular exercise are still considered fat by fashion industry/Hollywood standards.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

There have been many recent news stories about thin models being banned at fashion shows.

I told my dad that he was fat and he better do something if he didn't want to roll over and croak in his fatness. He has started to lose weight.

This reminds me of a doctor that I briefly worked with. He was an old, big guy with white hair, looked like Santa Claus. And when I say big, I am talking about waddling around at 300 pounds. He would come into the doctor's lounge and eat these huge salads that literally had like two cups of ranch dressing poured over it. It was the most disgusting thing ever to see him eat.

Anyway, I was with him in the elevator in the hospital, and another doc gets on the elevator and says to him, "Dr. X, wow you have lost a lot of weight!" I almost died. You mean to tell me that Santa/Jabba, that this is the THIN version of him? Yes, it was. It turns out that he had diabetes, and had almost died of a kidney infection not all that long before I worked with him.

Good guy, I was one of the few of my colleagues, I think, I actually like the guy. Because I like characters.

Another weird thing is when you find out that someone you know, unbeknownst to you, previously had a gastric bypass. You can't help but wonder, well, who exactly were they before in their bigger incarnation?

Then there is the embarrassment of running into someone years after your last meeting, and not recognizing them because of how fat they have become. I have had that happen.

Try to be healthy. Do your part in bankrupting Social Security. that's my motto.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote