cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 02:32 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sen. Bennett is pathetic

I was listening to a clip from his this morning, from the Senate. He was voicing his opposition to Senators paying fair rates for commercial jets (instead of getting them for free from corporations and lobbyists). He said this would hurt Senators "in the west." He further commented on how this would be a tremendous hardship for senators in Alaska.

Is this guy for real? Does he really believe the bulls$%* he spews?

I thought Hatch was bad. I don't know much about Bennett, but from the looks of it, he isnt' much better.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:34 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I was listening to a clip from his this morning, from the Senate. He was voicing his opposition to Senators paying fair rates for commercial jets (instead of getting them for free from corporations and lobbyists). He said this would hurt Senators "in the west." He further commented on how this would be a tremendous hardship for senators in Alaska.

I thought Hatch was bad. I don't know much about Bennett, but from the looks of it, he isnt' much better.
I'm guessing that he was expressing the sentiments of pretty much all 100 Senators.

If you think he and Hatch are bad, you should get to know the alternate choices here.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Senator Bennett is too "country club republican" for my tastes, but I think he's a pretty good senator and an honorable guy all things considered. As much as Hatch bugs me as well, IPU is right, it sure as hell beats the Feinstein/Boxer duo I had to put up with for a few years.

It may be BS somewhat, but everyone complains about how their Senators spend all their time in Washington. You make them pay their own way back home and it gets worse. Not really trying to defend his comments, just trying to find a silver lining.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:43 AM   #4
Venkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I'm guessing that he was expressing the sentiments of pretty much all 100 Senators.

If you think he and Hatch are bad, you should get to know the alternate choices here.
Pete Ashdown? The democrat who advocates a flat-tax. Uh yeah Pete, we believe you, sure you do.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:45 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Pete Ashdown? The democrat who advocates a flat-tax. Uh yeah Pete, we believe you, sure you do.
Yep, Ashdown. If anyone would be a party-liner, it would be Ashdown. His beady eyes give him away.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:48 AM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Senator Bennett is too "country club republican" for my tastes, but I think he's a pretty good senator and an honorable guy all things considered. As much as Hatch bugs me as well, IPU is right, it sure as hell beats the Feinstein/Boxer duo I had to put up with for a few years.

It may be BS somewhat, but everyone complains about how their Senators spend all their time in Washington. You make them pay their own way back home and it gets worse. Not really trying to defend his comments, just trying to find a silver lining.
Feinstein/Boxer?

Dang, I feel for you.

Agreed about Bennett. He says bizarre things from time to time, but generally, he's a stand-up guy. And yes, he is a bit too much country club for me as well.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:59 AM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never heard of voters complaining that senators don't spend enough time in their state. People are complaining that they only do 100 days of work a year.

They are constantly out of sesson. No doubt on lobbyist sponsored junkets, taking private corporate jets, meeting with more lobbyists in their home state at various country clubs.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:04 AM   #8
Venkman

Quote:
I've never heard of voters complaining that senators don't spend enough time in their state. People are complaining that they only do 100 days of work a year.
I've heard it all the time. So-and-so spends all his time in Washington, is out of touch with his constituents.