cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 03:04 AM   #11
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
A year or so ago, Ecuaboy or someone of his equivalent was going off on how BYU is the Lord's team, they won the SMU game because of the Lord, the success of the football team is leading to missionaries getting into more doors, etc.

I responded with something really cheesy like, "didn't the Lord take from the Jews and give to the Gentiles because of their wickedness? Maybe BYU football has had too many gangbangs, and the student body has let Him down, and thus the promises have been moved up north."

A rediculous reply to a rediculous statement, but I got tons of compliments for it on both sides.

I personaly don't believe that the Lord wants BYU teams to win more than anyone else. What is more likely to me is that the Lord uses the teams (and this doesn't just go for BYU) to teach the individuals playing on them important lessons and the like.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:06 AM   #12
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks real tall..

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
I was bored so I looked these up:

D&C 133:48

And the Lord shall be red in his apparel, and his garments like him that treadeth in the wine-vat.

Revelations 19:13

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

3 Nephi 11:8

8 And it came to pass, as they understood they cast their eyes up again towards heaven; and behold, they saw a Man descending out of heaven; and he was clothed in a white robe; and he came down and stood in the midst of them; and the eyes of the whole multitude were turned upon him, and they durst not open their mouths, even one to another, and wist not what it meant, for they thought it was an angel that had appeared unto them.

John 19:5

5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!
Hey fusnik - what he said.

Sounds like the Lord's a Weber State fan as well, eh?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:00 AM   #13
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

The "objective" analysis of why one team's better than the other in football/basketball/gymnastics/academics/recruiting is definitely old.

The pirate dinghy, on the other hand, never gets old. :lol:

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:43 PM   #14
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I think rivalry smack is fun but i get told all the time

that I should be a ute fan and that I dont fit in with the zoobie mold (not that all BYU fans are like that). But I dont mind a good rivalry smack now and again. I do agree it is the same stuff year in and year out.

Morgan "prick" Scalley said something funny the other day he said
"If i were recruiting for the UofU I would tell all the recruits that we are the only school in the country with two home stadiums"

I thought that was pretty funny.
cougjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #15
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug
The pirate dinghy, on the other hand, never gets old.
I'll drink to that!
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote