cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #51
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
Quote:
Quote:
I am just curious: how many other oligarchy windmills are you tilting at out there in internet land?
Just the ones I care about.
Then indeed we are fortunate. Maybe we could put that to a vote, eh?
Well I won't hold my breath.
Maybe you should; it could be more effective than your current approach.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:30 PM   #52
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Dear homeboy,

Go to hell.

Love,

JohnnyLingo
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #53
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Eh, I think the board is small enough that we can let anarchy reign. If abuses ever got to the point that it deflated the environment over here, we might consider action at that point. So far, however, I only know of one instance where we considered imposing a ban, though the proposition was turned down. (And in case you were wondering, Robin, it wasn't you.) Calling CG an oligarchy is like comparing a bridge club to the USSR.

Your "contribution" to this board isn't measured in time, dollars, or quantity.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #54
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
So far, however, I only know of one instance where we considered imposing a ban, though the proposition was turned down. (And in case you were wondering, Robin, it wasn't you.)
Actually, if you remember right, Waters wouldn't let Robin sign up for weeks after the site was launched.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #55
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
Quote:
So far, however, I only know of one instance where we considered imposing a ban, though the proposition was turned down. (And in case you were wondering, Robin, it wasn't you.)
Actually, if you remember right, Waters wouldn't let Robin sign up for weeks after the site was launched.
I stand corrected. But I wasn't around then, either, so I wouldn't know.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #56
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am just curious: how many other oligarchy windmills are you tilting at out there in internet land?
Just the ones I care about.
Then indeed we are fortunate. Maybe we could put that to a vote, eh?
Well I won't hold my breath.
Maybe you should; it could be more effective than your current approach.
Like I said, I'm not going to allow myself to become emotionally invested in this place until I know that it is a community where I belong. I tried that once. It sucked.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #57
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
Quote:
If pointing out that saying 'fubar' on CB is an obvious violation of the clearly worded board rules makes me self-righteous, then that is what I am. If I started my own board, 'fubar' would be allowed. But I can appreciate the clarity of the rules on CB.
Ah, I see. As long as the rules are "clearly worded", any comment on those rules (or the application of the rules) even in the form of mild amusement, is off-limits. Thanks for the clarification.

(I am guessing that somewhere this morning, Lingo is having an orgasm as he reads this.)

:roll:
I missed the TIC nature of all of the Korihor complaining. I never read it as "white-knuckled rage," but if it mere amusement over petty stuff, I can understand that... I get ammused when people seriously discuss whether Cain is Bigfoot, or whether the 'three Nephites' taught the gospel to some ancestor. Good times.

Please, never conjure the image of Lingo having an orgasm again.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:48 PM   #58
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American
Eh, I think the board is small enough that we can let anarchy reign. If abuses ever got to the point that it deflated the environment over here, we might consider action at that point. So far, however, I only know of one instance where we considered imposing a ban, though the proposition was turned down. (And in case you were wondering, Robin, it wasn't you.) Calling CG an oligarchy is like comparing a bridge club to the USSR.

Your "contribution" to this board isn't measured in time, dollars, or quantity.
All-American, I will never understand what you were expecting. For over two weeks, I was invested in this site as much as any person could be. I shared quality posts, and personal details about my art, family, and ideas -- everything that is important to me. I did that because I thought I was participating in 'community.'

If you want to avoid disappointment, maybe you should require more than two weeks of participation before people are up for consideration for broader 'citizenship'. If my outpouring in two weeks was not enough information to consider, then I doubt that such information could be provided in a two-week period.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:04 PM   #59
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I missed the TIC nature of all of the Korihor complaining. I never read it as "white-knuckled rage," but if it mere amusement over petty stuff, I can understand that... I get ammused when people seriously discuss whether Cain is Bigfoot, or whether the 'three Nephites' taught the gospel to some ancestor. Good times.

Please, never conjure the image of Lingo having an orgasm again.
Robin,

Trust me, I am rarely serious. Unfortunately, that doesn't always translate well to text and I get tired of typing smiley faces.

While I find things amusing at times, I don't have a problem with how CB is operated. And to tell you the truth, I don't recall EVER receiving a suspension over on CB. That's probably a badge of shame in these parts. I need to try harder, I guess.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #60
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
Dear homeboy,

Go to hell.

Love,

JohnnyLingo
Rats. One less imaginary internet friend.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote