cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default John Beck first 2 career TDs

His first 3 series against Cincy were awful, Lemon got hurt and he came in to the game down 21-10 with the ball on 3rd and 14. He was in shotgun bobbled the snap, dropped it, Cincy picked up and took it for a TD. Ball game.

The next series run up the middle 4 yards, Beck two errant throws, Punt.

The 3rd series, run up the middle 1 yard, Beck two errant throws, Punt.

His 4th series he got in a groove and led Miami 14 plays 80 yards and he audibled from the 2 yard line to a QB sneak because he saw a hole an ran it in for a TD.

The final series Cincy scored and ate up a lot of clock so with Miami down 38-17, Beck took over with about 2 minutes left. He engineered another great drive throwing some darts in the process. Finally rolling out he hit Derek Hagan for a 22 yard Touchdown in the back of the end zone.

Miami still lost but at least John finally showed some progress.

Also Daniel Coats had a huge game for a tightend and is a major part of the Cincy offense. They even threw it to him deep a few times down the sideline. He had 4 catches for 48 yards.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

glad to hear he did some good things. the only highlight they showed was him bobbling the shotgun snap and cincy returning it for a touchdown. i think i heard some groans from the other casters on the set..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
His first 3 series against Cincy were awful, Lemon got hurt and he came in to the game down 21-10 with the ball on 3rd and 14. He was in shotgun bobbled the snap, dropped it, Cincy picked up and took it for a TD. Ball game.

The next series run up the middle 4 yards, Beck two errant throws, Punt.

The 3rd series, run up the middle 1 yard, Beck two errant throws, Punt.

His 4th series he got in a groove and led Miami 14 plays 80 yards and he audibled from the 2 yard line to a QB sneak because he saw a hole an ran it in for a TD.

The final series Cincy scored and ate up a lot of clock so with Miami down 38-17, Beck took over with about 2 minutes left. He engineered another great drive throwing some darts in the process. Finally rolling out he hit Derek Hagan for a 22 yard Touchdown in the back of the end zone.

Miami still lost but at least John finally showed some progress.

Also Daniel Coats had a huge game for a tightend and is a major part of the Cincy offense. They even threw it to him deep a few times down the sideline. He had 4 catches for 48 yards.
Thanks for the recap. I saw the highlights of both TDs, but didn't realize the sneak was an audible. Makes it all the sweeter.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote