cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #18
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
The idea, if I'm not mistaken, is to reproduce CG but with an oligarchy/democracy instead of a monarchy. This setup would serve as a buffer so that any single person's sinusoidal behavior patterns wouldn't have an unduly drastic effect on the board as a whole.

CUF, I'm certain, was never intended as an affront to Mike, just to help CG move closer to what Mike had stated was its original objective. Mike knows that, of course.

Anyhow, it is hard to deny that there has been an awful lot of drama involved with CG. At the same time, if you think about it, for CG, this is simply another act in the play.
Barb -- what I don't understand is whether this is a "serious" play or whether it is all playacting, kind of a fund virtual reality where personas are adopted, fights feigned, etc. I just can't imagine an adult being so emotionally dictatorial on a place like this. But I'm not privy. Still, is it just one great game where you write the play by saying "you next" and then the next person comes up with the next play.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote