cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vitale recaps UNC-BYU

Wow, what a game we saw tonight in Sin City! We had the number one team in the nation taken down to the wire by an incredibly game BYU team. There were so many story lines here. Where do you begin, baby?

First off, it was the first time that these two teams met since the 2005 Maui Classic. Speaking of which, did you know that Duke won that same tournament a few days ago?! And, oh, what a show Duke's Diaper Dandy, Kyle Singler, put on for us there! It was the biggest Maui MVP showing since another Duke player by the name of Bobby Hurley -- a kid who gave new meaning to the term "diaper dandy."

But as for tonight, you really have to take your hats off to BYU. They came into this game with such incredible poise and maturity. Did you know that all of their players are almost thirty years old, and four of them are married? How incredible is that? Forget about your Diaper Dandies because BYU brings the Depends Dandies to the floor! It's awesome, with a capital A!

And one of those mature players that really impressed me was Mr. Plaisted. What heart and tenacity he showed. I'm here to tell you, he is the best big man you never heard of! And, hey, what a babe wife he had sitting there in the stands. Can you believe that? It kind of reminded me of Mickie Krzyzewski in the stands! And can you believe that Mr. Plaisted is just one of four BYU players that are married? Just incredible maturity on this team.

But in the end, it was too much Wayne Ellington for the Cougars. What an awesome shooter this kid is. I like to call him Duke Ellington. And speaking of Duke, did you know that Ellington played with Gerald Henderson in high school? I really look for Mr. Henderson to have a big-time breakout year down at Duke. Yes, my friends, that Super Soph is definitely a member of my All-Alcatraz team!

And I'll tell you something else, baby, you have to like Carolina's poise in winning with its floor leader on the sidelines. It was a real gut-check performance by a still largely young team. Keep in mind, they don't have four married players on their team like BYU. But the Tarheels are going to have to get Mr. Lawson back in the lineup soon if they hope to compete with the likes of Duke University. After all, Duke has, by far, the best collection of guards in the country, baby! And with the Dukies coming fresh off of that Maui championship they will be quite a force again this year!

Yes, my friends, tonight's action was supreme. And it only gets better from here as we head east to watch Kyle Singler and the Duke Blue Devils! What an awesome specimen this player is! Now I know why Mike Krzyzewski was smiling all last year as his players were wailing away in their towels. Now I know why he welcomed the early departure of Josh McRoberts! It was because he had an incredible star waiting in the wings!

The bottom line here is that Duke is way better than anyone anticipated. And so is BYU, baby! By the end of this season everyone will be talking about three things: Kyle Singler, Trent Plaisted, and the fact that BYU has four married players on its team! What an awesome story!

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/...cb&tid=1917825
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Again, how many married players does BYU have on its team?

Plaisted gets his wife called a babe on the Internet. Not bad.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats about how it went, the other announcer had to reel him back in during the game when he went on a tangent about Coach K having a gleam in his eye last year when talking about Singler. I believe it was Mike Breen said: "Thats nice Dick but break down the two teams that are playing tonight"

Also I thought it was hilarious when they kept talking about how mature BYU was, and how they had 25 and 26 year olds on the roster.

We have Murdock and Burgess who are 24 and 25. That is it. They showed a breakdown of the starting 5s ages and it went like this:

Plaisted- 21
Cummard- 22
Tavernari- 20
Murdock- 24
Burgess- 25

Probably older than most teams, but not as old as Dickie was making them out to be.

Last edited by cougjunkie; 11-29-2007 at 12:43 AM.
cougjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote