cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #11
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I like him, but he is not leaving early for the NFL. Michigan game brought him down to earth like a rock falling from the Empire State Building.

He has a LOT to learn. This year will continue to be rocky. Mizzou may torch BYU.

I wonder if BYU will gain more than 100 yards against Mizzou.
Missouri isn't even the best team left on the schedule. Nebraska, Boise State, UCLA all "should" have torched BYU. Sometimes what "should" happen in sports doesn't. It's one thing to lose at Michigan, but what ended up happening shouldn't have happened, which is why the fans are upset and start thinking things like that we'll never win another game. If what happened last week is who BYU is going to be the rest of the year, then Missouri is the least of our worries because of the rest of the opponents left, maybe only Wagner wouldn't be dangerous.

But I'm serious in saying Missouri isn't the best team left. Cincinnati just went on the road and beat Miami. The way Missouri has played so far this year, they wouldn't have done that. East Carolina looks good also and probably "should" have beaten Florida in Gainesville. The Gators kind of escaped there. On the other hand, I also don't think Cincy, ECU or Missouri are better than UCLA, BSU or Nebraska.

Last edited by BlueK; 10-02-2015 at 05:56 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #12
BlueK

Also, as far as NFL prospects goes, BYU made Josh Rosen look really bad too. Mangum didn't have any interceptions, much less three of them. But you could go on ESPN and say that Rosen will probably leave early for the NFL someday and no one would say you're nuts or make fun of that opinion. One bad game as a freshman in his third start means very little. Ty had 5 interceptions in his first game.

Last edited by BlueK; 10-02-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #13
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Missouri isn't even the best team left on the schedule. Nebraska, Boise State, UCLA all "should" have torched BYU. Sometimes what "should" happen in sports doesn't. It's one thing to lose at Michigan, but what ended up happening shouldn't have happened, which is why the fans are upset and start thinking things like that we'll never win another game. If what happened last week is who BYU is going to be the rest of the year, then Missouri is the least of our worries because of the rest of the opponents left, maybe only Wagner wouldn't be dangerous.

But I'm serious in saying Missouri isn't the best team left. Cincinnati just went on the road and beat Miami. The way Missouri has played so far this year, they wouldn't have done that. East Carolina looks good also and probably "should" have beaten Florida in Gainesville. The Gators kind of escaped there. On the other hand, I also don't think Cincy, ECU or Missouri are better than UCLA, BSU or Nebraska.
Harbaugh showed a better coach will always get the better of Bronco and company.

This might be last year revisited. Losing to Michigan was always a possibility but being embarrassed and looking completely incompetent is another matter.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:40 PM   #14
BlueK

It may be a lot like last year. We'll see how tonight goes. But I actually think Bronco's bigger problem by far over the years has been recruiting more than game coaching. He has a harder job than Rose does there because of the numbers involved.

Last edited by BlueK; 10-02-2015 at 11:43 PM.