cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano
Default Todays stage

So Vino is an animal that refuses to quit. I really respect that. He has suffered a lot and could have abandoned a long time ago. But here he is winneing 2 stages in 3 days.
As for GC competition. I think it may come down to Ras. and Contador. i think Levi may be too far back to recover the lost time.
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

It just seems wrong to say it, but Ras just looks too strong to be beaten. I only read the updates on the computer this morning, but it sounded like Contador gave him everyting that he had today and he responded nicely.

If he survives tomorrow without losing any time, he looks like a lock for the CG. He'll lose some time in the ITT, but the strong TT guys are too far back at this point.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
It just seems wrong to say it, but Ras just looks too strong to be beaten. I only read the updates on the computer this morning, but it sounded like Contador gave him everyting that he had today and he responded nicely.

If he survives tomorrow without losing any time, he looks like a lock for the CG. He'll lose some time in the ITT, but the strong TT guys are too far back at this point.
Contador looked stronger but he waited too late in the stage to attack Skeletor. If he had not waited, Skeletor was his for the taking, who cracked at the top but could recover on the descent.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Rasmussen winning is horrible for Cycling. Besides the cloud of suspicion looming over him (of his own making) he looks completely unhealthy. To have a guy with no discernible muscle muscle mass anywhere on his body win the toughest race in sports just looks bad.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:01 PM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I dislike rasmussen, but must admit he has defied my expectations. I am stubborn, however, and still maintain he rode the ITT of his life last week. We'll see if he or contadro can do somethign similar in the final ITT, but there is still Wednesday's stage which is not easy. I agree that Rasmussen winning would not be a good thing. Levi cannot win. If he is lucky he will podium but he just does not have the ooomph to pull off an overall GC victory. EVans is the only guy that could probably beat Rasmussen now (unless Contador dazzles) but if loses another minute he is also toast and he is probabyl too far back already.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #6
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed that even Bruyneel said today that Levi can't win. He's hoping Contador can win it and that Levi can get third.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote