cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
That second move was more stuff than I had guessed. Because the truck arrived late and I had to go to work, I only got about 15 minutes of actual work in.

Next move for me is this coming Saturday.
Schedule more work in and around moves.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:42 AM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

2 moves tomorrow. One move has had to delay their start because they won't be in town by the morning. Now I can't go, I'm wondering if anyone will show up.

And now someone wants to do a move on Monday so they can get their piano out of their storage unit.

This is getting ridiculous.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

get a call yesterday evening, need to do a move for an investigator "right now." It was only an interim move to get the stuff out of the apartment. Have to move it again on Monday to new apartment. Luckily, I was in a good service-friendly mood yesterday.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Moved a family last night for the 5th time (same family) in a year and a half.

Hopefully for the last time. They are moving out of state.

However my observation is when a family with really low resources finds a bishop they like, they want to stay in that ward (or come back if necessary). I would not be surprised to see them come back.

Only three guys showed up (including me), outside of the missionaries who were forced to come by one of other two guys.

The same guys do the moves over and over (i.e. me and a couple others). Many never ever help.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #15
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
The same guys do the moves over and over (i.e. me and a couple others). Many never ever help.
I joined my current ward only four weeks ago. Put in a transfer request on July 29 and was read in on Aug 5. Tomorrow marks the third time since Aug 5 that I've been asked to help someone move. There are 150 families, and if people move every 3 years on average, that's a family a week. I can see how it would get old in a hurry.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

A great number of families do not request any help.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

another move this Saturday. If the family is home taught by HPs, in particular, it would be a nice for a HP or two to help. While I am dreaming.

Last edited by MikeWaters; 09-05-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:45 AM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

a couple of moves recently stick out in my mind. I'm thinking about moves because I have a bear of a move tomorrow that I'm kinda brewing over (not steaming, just brewing).

#1. Guy calls and says his son and daughter-in-law need help "right now" because the movers didn't show up. Of course I noticed the first warning sign--why is the father calling and not the guy who is actually moving? Guys helped (I couldn't). He has never been to church once.

#2. Guy gets in contact and asks for emergency move next morning (on a weekday) to get his stuff into storage from a moving truck. Heroically, guys help do this. A week later, he calls in the evening and asks for another move the next morning, from storage into moving truck, again on a weekday. We threw up our hands. You don't get two emergency moves in 7 days.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I was reading online where a woman complained that the EQ scratched "Every table I own."

Yes, that's true. We are often tired, not very careful, drop things, drag things, bang things. That's why I call it the "Elders Quorum Moving and Breaking Company." If you want professionals, pay for professionals. In general, we try not to damage things. But I can't even number the amount of times we have damaged things going down stairs and around corners, drops, etc.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

5 of us for three and a half hours art three locations.glad for the good men who showed up including the one whose infant daughter has viral meningitis.

Selfless.