cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk
Default After the Dodgers fired DePodesta

I hope they lose every game next year. Last year the Dodgers were my favorite team in the NL, now they are the team I hate the most in the NL. I think a post from the A's blog sums up my thoughts on this situation perfectly.

"When I heard this story on the car radio, I couldn't believe it. Frank McCourt has the tiniest set known to man. Kowtowing to the "mighty" and very clueless LA media like Bill Plaschke (could this guy be more of a caricature?), McCourt fired DePodesta when all DePo did was win a playoff game for the first time since the 49ers were relevant. His team was also destroyed by injuries this past season, including Gagne, Bradley and many on his pitching staff. DePo's downfall began the moment he traded LoDuca and the media tore DePo a new one. Grow a pair, McCourt. The Dodgers are no longer a team I root for. Disgusting. I hope the Dodgers lose 100 games this year. I only hope is that LA's loss is our gain. I would hope DePo could come back if some other owner isn't smart enough to scoop up one of the most brilliant minds in baseball."

http://www.athleticsnation.com/story...0/29/161116/99
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote