cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2007, 02:46 PM   #31
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
What did I say about your other demands?
Quote:
....but I am telling you that with the level of expectation you've set for yourself and what your demands for a future spouse are, that it's going to make things even that more difficult later on in life to find what you think you want.

Frankly I don't care to be told anything of the sort from someone who knows zilch about what my expectations for myself and my future spouse are.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:49 PM   #32
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Who says I'm not?
OK.

Well, you could just take a random plunge and bank on the fact that you can get your sealing canceled if you don't like him afterwards.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:51 PM   #33
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Frankly I don't care to be told anything of the sort from someone who knows zilch about what my expectations for myself and my future spouse are.
If I'm so off BDB....then tell us/me what you're expectations are.....and by the way you say we know zilch,,,you're not exactly hard to read BDB. If that offends you,,,then well....tough.

You deal with people in a very direct fashion, but you don't like it when someone deals with you in kind.

Why do you come on a board seeking advice or other opinions, but then lash out when you don't like what you read or hear? What does that accomplish besides get you all pissy and defensive?
Old 12-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #34
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
OK.

Well, you could just take a random plunge and bank on the fact that you can get your sealing canceled if you don't like him afterwards.
Dating someone for more than a month is taking a random plunge in my world. I should have been like the rest of the girls at BYU that got married in their early twenties when they had less to give up, or didn't realize what they were giving up.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:06 PM   #35
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh about as well as it would if I hadn't limited myself to RM's. Trust me, there are much bigger issues at play that are keeping me single than whether or not I want to marry an RM.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong question here then. I told someone close to me several years ago that if he would first work to become the person he wanted to be that the kind of girl he truly wanted would find him. I'm sure this was something he already knew and he obviously did all the heavy lifting, but no sooner had he put himself on the proper track in life than his future wife showed up in his life and like many of us he married up.

Whatever your bigger issues are, they have been an impediment to you attracting the right guy up until now. Maybe focusing on them in an honest way is more important that the relative flexibility of the items on your "list."
Old 12-31-2007, 03:08 PM   #36
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
If I'm so off BDB....then tell us/me what you're expectations are.....and by the way you say we know zilch,,,you're not exactly hard to read BDB. If that offends you,,,then well....tough.

You deal with people in a very direct fashion, but you don't like it when someone deals with you in kind.

Why do you come on a board seeking advice or other opinions, but then lash out when you don't like what you read or hear? What does that accomplish besides get you all pissy and defensive?
Because it's none of your business, and not relevant to the question at hand. Based on a series of erroneous assumptions on your part I'd say that if I'm not hard to read, you're illiterate.

Telling you that you don't know jack about what I'm looking for, is not getting defensive because you've dealt with me in a direct fashion. The defensive attitude can more accurately be ascribed to the fact that you don't know what you're talking about. Do we really need to go over this "you don't know me" discussion again? I kind of thought I'd made my point the last time, but

I asked for your opinion on a vague hypothetical situation. It's entirely unclear to me how that was interpreted as a solicitation for personal dating advice.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:26 PM   #37
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Because it's none of your business, and not relevant to the question at hand. Based on a series of erroneous assumptions on your part I'd say that if I'm not hard to read, you're illiterate.

Telling you that you don't know jack about what I'm looking for, is not getting defensive because you've dealt with me in a direct fashion. The defensive attitude can more accurately be ascribed to the fact that you don't know what you're talking about. Do we really need to go over this "you don't know me" discussion again? I kind of thought I'd made my point the last time, but

I asked for your opinion on a vague hypothetical situation. It's entirely unclear to me how that was interpreted as a solicitation for personal dating advice.
Exactly what assumptions....if there have been any,,,are erroneous? And since when are you the master of deciding what is and isn't relevant to this disucssion?

I've not gave you any dating advice, rather than make an observation that the older you get it'll be harder to find a worthy temple recommend holder.

And the defensive attitude can be ascribed to just you being you BDB. Are you telling me that if "I did know you" that you're reaction to me would be any different? If so...then I'll admit I'm wrong...otherwise I have nothing else to go on but your pissy attitude.

I've also not told you who, when, where and how to date at all.

It's interesting you think you can talk to, think of and deal with people in a certain ascerbic way, but cannot handle any of it in return. I've no doubt you're a very kind individual instead of the cold, black and white persona you portray online, and we just see things differently and that's fine with me.

Have a Happy New Year BDB.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 12-31-2007 at 03:30 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #38
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
When the time comes that you solicit dating advice, remember this. FAKE KNOCKERS!

Go get a set while you are close to Dr. Beverly Hills, and all your problems will be solved. I would wait until you ask, but I keep getting busier in life and am missing all of these good threads.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #39
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Dating someone for more than a month is taking a random plunge in my world. I should have been like the rest of the girls at BYU that got married in their early twenties when they had less to give up, or didn't realize what they were giving up.
Women who get married younger are not giving up less. They are giving up more. If you dont marry until later in life, you at least get the chance to have a career, travel, get a grad degree, etc.. Women who marry early and dive into kids give all of that up...or, at least, it becomes exponentially more difficult to accomplish.

Some women are fine with their decision to do so. Others consciously do it as a personal sacrifice because they would also love to start their family.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #40
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Exactly what assumptions....if there have been any,,,are erroneous?
You never cease to amaze me...

I do not have the patience, or the inclination to sit here and detail a list of erroneous assumptions that you have made. I wouldn't really know where to start.

Quote:
And since when are you the master of deciding what is and isn't relevant to this disucssion?
Since I am the one that posed the initial question, I think that makes me more than qualified to determine the relevancy of your comments to said question.

Quote:
I've not gave you any dating advice, rather than make an observation that the older you get it'll be harder to find a worthy temple recommend holder.
Yes, and I'm still not certain why you felt that it was necessary to make that observation. I certainly don't recall ever asking. Again, this was a hypothetical scenario.

Quote:
And the defensive attitude can be ascribed to just you being you BDB. Are you telling me that if "I did know you" that you're reaction to me would be any different? If so...then I'll admit I'm wrong...otherwise I have nothing else to go on but your pissy attitude.
Of course my reaction to you would be different were we to be personally acquainted, and for your sake I would certainly hope that you could say the same.

Quote:
I've also not told you who, when, where and how to date at all.
What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
It's interesting you think you can talk to, think of and deal with people in a certain ascerbic way, but cannot handle any of it in return. I've no doubt you're a very kind individual instead of the cold, black and white persona you portray online, and we just see things differently and that's fine with me.

Have a Happy New Year BDB.
I have no idea what "ascerbic" means, perhaps you meant to say acerbic?

I'm sorry, perhaps I've missed something. Exactly what is it that I can't handle? I'm going to need you to be really specific about this.

Thank you, and happy New Year to you too.