cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #41
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I do have an answer and have articulated my reasons for not opposing gay marriage many, many times. Do a search.
Tex makes an amazing rhetorical slip in his response to you (above). Reasons go right up to the "prophet." In this thinking, the prophet is literally presented as a "reason."
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #42
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Huh? Did you not understand my question?
I did, but personally I think that while you are very intelligent, you are also ridiculous and annoying. You are evasive and rarely directly answer questions, so I have decided to simply respond to you in kind, if at all.

Please enjoy more of my future non-responses to your queries.

PS Go Cougars! I think we have a decent shot at running the table this season.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #43
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
Tex makes an amazing rhetorical slip in his response to you (above). Reasons go right up to the "prophet." In this thinking, the prophet is literally presented as a "reason."
Yes, I caught that SIEQ. I just find Tex to be boring, so I will let you or Cali go the rounds with the internet persona known as "Tex"

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 08-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #44
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
This makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I did, but personally I think that while you are very intelligent, you are also ridiculous and annoying. You are evasive and rarely directly answer questions, so I have decided to simply respond to you in kind, if at all.
Listen, Triplet, if you want to discuss my personal reasons for opposing gay marraige, we can certainly do so. I've done it several times before.

What I'm getting at is ... your position makes no sense to me. Perhaps you can clarify. Cali, in admitting he doesn't know the reason, at least suggests that he thinks Monson has one, however poorly articulated. You, on the other hand, think that he doesn't.

So again I ask ... if no one from the primary teacher up to the prophet has a "coherent reason" for opposing this, why are we doing it?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #45
TripletDaddy

Quote:
This makes no sense.

Listen, Triplet, if you want to discuss my personal reasons for opposing gay marraige, we can certainly do so. I've done it several times before.

What I'm getting at is ... your position makes no sense to me. Perhaps you can clarify. Cali, in admitting he doesn't know the reason, at least suggests that he thinks Monson has one, however poorly articulated. You, on the other hand, think that he doesn't.

So again I ask ... if no one from the primary teacher up to the prophet has a "coherent reason" for opposing this, why are we doing it?
Tex, you are being very boring and evasive again.

Why not answer some basic questions....are you married, do you have children, where do you live?

Old 08-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #46
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
This makes no sense.

Tex- I think you are asking the same question DDD is asking. Why are we doing this? I don't know the reason, I don't think you know the reason, and neither does DDD. So good question- why are we doing this as a church? If you had an answer, you may want to share it with church PR.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #47
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Tex- I think you are asking the same question DDD is asking. Why are we doing this? I don't know the reason, I don't think you know the reason, and neither does DDD. So good question- why are we doing this as a church? If you had an answer, you may want to share it with church PR.
I gave my answer in the links above. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself and still be accused of being "evasive."

DDD didn't just say "I don't know the reason" ... he said he doesn't think the prophet has one. That's a quite different position, and one he apparently feels disinclined to defend.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #48
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I already asked Tex this question specifically....if he knew the prophet's reason, please share. He responded with more Texspeak, rather than admitting that he really has no logical or coherent reason, either.

It is more fun to talk about Tex in the third person than to address him directly.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #49
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Just once I'd like to hear, from the pulpit at GC, that it's the fathers fault for not pushing them enough to play sports. Just once!
I think everyone already knows this.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #50
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
I gave my answer in the links above. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself and still be accused of being "evasive."

DDD didn't just say "I don't know the reason" ... he said he doesn't think the prophet has one. That's a quite different position, and one he apparently feels disinclined to defend.
Again, you have listed your personal reasons (which aren't very strong, in my opinion). What are the church's reasons? Why single out gay marriage more than any other issue pertaining to families? Why is gay marriage so much more destructive than adultery, divorce, pre-marital sex, spousal and child abuse, homosexual sex, etc.? I feel we have been told it is important because families are important and this destroys families. That seems like a poor explanation to me.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote