cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
If God tells the Salmon to return to Capistrano, I am OK with that angle.
I'm pretty sure it's the swallows that return to Capistrano, but I take your point.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #12
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If God tells the Salmon to return to Capistrano, I am OK with that angle.
That's great. I will use that when my dog craps on this "mullah" neighbor of mines lawn. He gets upset.

I am just going to ask him if he knows that God can inspire animals. I will tell him he might want to check into how he is living his life because I am sure God is sending him a message through Kaisa.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
There is a notion that a person must be worthy in order to be led by the spirit.
So why would a wicked person be "inspired" to suddenly go visit person X at a crucial point in time, or do abruptly discard Plan A and go with Plan B, and other examples that we've heard time and time again?

It seems that such an individual would be all the more confused as to what is right and what is wrong, if he has God at his side (so to speak) in times of doing wrong.
No, God does not dwell in unholy temples. What santos told you is bull. That silly radio analogy was thought up by people who needed to rationalize their guilt after reveling in wickedness.

Choose the right, or God will not work in you. No exceptions.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 08-21-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #14
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the swallows that return to Capistrano, but I take your point.
I should have known you were too high society for my "Dumb and Dumber" reference.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
That's great. I will use that when my dog craps on this "mullah" neighbor of mines lawn. He gets upset.

I am just going to ask him if he knows that God can inspire animals. I will tell him he might want to check into how he is living his life because I am sure God is sending him a message through Kaisa.
Tell him God inspires your dog to do it on his lawn rather than his carpet; for which he should be truly grateful.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #16
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
To an ant, you are God. But you don't give a crap about that ant and you never will. That ant can pray all day that you won't squash it, and that ant can have faith that you are benevolent and that you care about it, but you will never take an interest in the welfare of that ant, because it doesn't make sense that you would. So why would you assume that a God who is supposedly omnipotent would ever take an interest in your welfare? You honestly don't see the arrogance?
Maybe I missed your point and should be clear on what I said to Indy. While I don't think God answers every prayer and is interested in everything you do, I do believe he has an interest in your welfare.

I believe we are his offspring. As such, he would have an interest.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #17
non sequitur

Quote:
I should have known you were too high society for my "Dumb and Dumber" reference.
Dumb and Dumber? That was Verdi, right?
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
Old 08-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #18
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
No, God does not dwell in unholy temples. What santos told you is bull. That silly radio analogy was thought up by people who needed to rationalize their guilt after engaging wickedness.

Choose the right, or God will not work in you. No exceptions.

I don't know if God won't work in you, but I would agree that "your God" wouldn't.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #19
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I thought it was good goat. You have a rapist wit.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #20
non sequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Maybe I missed your point and should be clear on what I said to Indy. While I don't think God answers every prayer and is interested in everything you do, I do believe he has an interest in your welfare.

I believe we are his offspring. As such, he would have an interest.
If he does take an interest in our welfare, that would be cool. It just doesn't make sense to me why he would. If I were an omnipotent being, I think i would be bored by humans.