cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #31
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
Nice dodge.

Tex gets worked over on this argument in another thread only to come to this one claiming "2nd grade logic at its finest". I don't deny it's 2nd grade logic. Yup, my 2nd grade son would understand this point and move on.
It's not a dodge, I didn't get--Heh--"worked over" and I'm happy to repeat it any thread you'd like.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #32
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

So tell me...was this your final clinching refutation of simple 2nd grade logic (classic Tex by the way--"I've already answered this...go find it. Never mind that no one seems satisfied by that answer..."
http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=150

Or was it this one?
http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=152

Yeah, you sure showed everyone. Issue settled.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #33
Tex

Quote:
So tell me...was this your final clinching refutation of simple 2nd grade logic (classic Tex by the way--"I've already answered this...go find it. Never mind that no one seems satisfied by that answer..."
http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=150

Or was it this one?
http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=152

Yeah, you sure showed everyone. Issue settled.
ER, you're becoming unhinged. That first link has nothing to do with gay-by-birth. It's about a comparison OrangeUte didn't like of homosexuality to other personal challenges.

That second link is meant as a joke ... a play on the words flaunt, flout, flauta, etc. and is completely unrelated.

If you're going to beat your chest, at least try to stay focused.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 11-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #34
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
ER, you're becoming unhinged. That first link has nothing to do with gay-by-birth. It's about a comparison OrangeUte didn't like of homosexuality to other personal challenges.

That second link is meant as a joke ... a play on the words flaunt, flout, flauta, etc. and is completely unrelated.

If you're going to beat your chest, at least try to stay focused.
Oh brother...I've been through this non-responding, dodging routine with you before...

You know very well that the first link was your second-to-last response to the point that "Very few people would choose the gay lifestyle"; the second post, while I posted it in jest, was your final response. Neither very convincing, despite the ease with which this argument is apparently refuted.

I'm not playing these games with you anymore. It's a complete waste of time (as opposed to a semi-complete waste of time that all other discussions on here are...).
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #35
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
I don't even know how to make an educated guess on that. I've known gay people who have said they made a choice to be gay and I've known gay people who said they were born that way.

Perhaps you know a lot more gay people than I do, but I couldn't even begin to form an opinion one way or the other on which is more common.
In 1982 I was going through a divorce. Our counselor was a former counselor employeed by the church. He said something shocking to me. He said, we knew and so did the church that many gays do not have a choice as to their sexual preference. We counsel them that the only way they can be active members in the church is to practice abstenance. He said the idea that all gays can be converted to being heterosexuals is just not factual.

That is the first time I bought the idea some are just born that way. I don't approve of the lifestyle being pushed though in case their are those who might make the choice.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #36
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
He said the idea that all gays can be converted to being heterosexuals is just not factual.
wow. Your church is way ahead of mine. We brag about the ones we "convert." Print it in the church bulletins and everything.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #37
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Oh brother...I've been through this non-responding, dodging routine with you before...

You know very well that the first link was your second-to-last response to the point that "Very few people would choose the gay lifestyle"; the second post, while I posted it in jest, was your final response. Neither very convincing, despite the ease with which this argument is apparently refuted.

I'm not playing these games with you anymore. It's a complete waste of time (as opposed to a semi-complete waste of time that all other discussions on here are...).
Like all of us, Tex sometimes steps in a pile of shit with his opinions. Unlike the rest of us he refuses to recognize the smell and get the shit off of his shoes. He keeps trying to dance around the fact his shoes stink.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #38
Tex

Quote:

I went back and reviewed the last several posts, and I see what you're getting at. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's quite simply really: OrangeUte didn't respond further, so neither did I. If you'd like to continue the conversation calmly, I'd be happy to.

The second post was not my "final response" but was truly just a joke.

Quote:
What would help is if you just calmed down. I'm truly not trying to be difficult, but it's hard to communicate when you get so emotional. Sometimes I don't understand what you mean, and attacking me doesn't help.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 11-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #39
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
wow. Your church is way ahead of mine. We brag about the ones we "convert." Print it in the church bulletins and everything.
No kidding? Wow.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #40
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
In 1982 I was going through a divorce. Our counselor was a former counselor employeed by the church. He said something shocking to me. He said, we knew and so did the church that many gays do not have a choice as to their sexual preference. We counsel them that the only way they can be active members in the church is to practice abstenance. He said the idea that all gays can be converted to being heterosexuals is just not factual.

That is the first time I bought the idea some are just born that way. I don't approve of the lifestyle being pushed though in case their are those who might make the choice.

So how does that square with the Proclamation on the Family? It's a man made proclamation? Or God doesn't care how he made them, he's going to forbid them from marrying?