cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #11
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
According to his bio it looked like he excelled at kick returns.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=kessman
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #12
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

During the recruiting process Kessman's dad posted a lot over on TBS. Continued to do so after the kids committment. The guy seemed like a very nice guy. He did seem to be one of those fathers who was very involved in his sons activities. A lot of fathers are and they can present special problems to coaches.

Although I don't know for sure if this is another case of that, but Ben Olson's name does come to mind.

Anyway, I wish nothing but the best for the kid. Especially if he doesn't leave and then go on a bad mouthing BYU rampage.

I am really concerned about the others. My guess is if they have already had a run in with discipline, it won't be the last time for some of them.

Remember these are kids and if you fart at BYU and someone smells it, you are in trouble.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:29 PM   #13
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

His Dad would frequently pimp his other son in chat at the expense of the other players on the team.

He'd often talk about much his son dominated G. Pittman and for those in attendance at practices know that the exact opposite was the case.

Ryan's cocksure attitude didn't exactly endear him to his teammates. It's one thing to be cocky...ala Austin Collie and back it up...it's another thing to constantly be shooting your mouth off and acting like you are the shit when it's becoming obvious to most around that you're not a D-I athlete.