cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2007, 04:37 AM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I dunno. I just wanted to join in on the fun.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:39 AM   #12
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done, men. Well done.

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:41 AM   #13
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Game. Set. Match. IPU wins.
I will concur, but it certainly was out of left field.

That is like someone watching the Dominique/Jordan dunk contest and then at the very last second, running onto the court and pulling off some crazy dunk....nobody was expecting it, there was no reason to think that the person was capable of it, but he pulls it off, nonetheless.

The judges have no choice but to hold up Gatorade 10s.

As for you, YOhio, you have lived to fight another day.

I will have to make sure IPU is not logged on in the future....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:47 AM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I will concur, but it certainly was out of left field.

That is like someone watching the Dominique/Jordan dunk contest and then at the very last second, running onto the court and pulling off some crazy dunk....nobody was expecting it, there was no reason to think that the person was capable of it, but he pulls it off, nonetheless.

The judges have no choice but to hold up Gatorade 10s.

As for you, YOhio, you have lived to fight another day.

I will have to make sure IPU is not logged on in the future....
So, you're saying that I should quit while I'm ahead?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:55 AM   #15
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
So, you're saying that I should quit while I'm ahead?
I am saying you need to quit sandbagging it.

I do chat-board one liners almost as a specialty....and in all my years, nobody, and i mean NOBODY has pulled out a rug from under me on a Facts of Life thread. Simpsons, maybe. Jeffersons....possibly. But Facts of Life? NO.

I was toying with YOhio. I had a few more really obscure ones ready to go. I was lulling him into thinking he had a chance. Then BOOM. Blindsided. What is the point for me now? It is completely over.

You don't just come out of nowhere with "Walking Edna Winter Wonderland," where the play on words uses the toughest character's name in lieu of the prepositions...generally, you substitute for key nouns or verbs, but prepositions?

That kind of underdog story works in the movies. This is real life. And nobody pulls that stuff off unless he is posting one-liners somewhere else on the side.

Cut the crap. Who are you?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 12-16-2007, 05:10 AM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
I am saying you need to quit sandbagging it.

I do chat-board one liners almost as a specialty....and in all my years, nobody, and i mean NOBODY has pulled out a rug from under me on a Facts of Life thread. Simpsons, maybe. Jeffersons....possibly. But Facts of Life? NO.

I was toying with YOhio. I had a few more really obscure ones ready to go. I was lulling him into thinking he had a chance. Then BOOM. Blindsided. What is the point for me now? It is completely over.

You don't just come out of nowhere with "Walking Edna Winter Wonderland," where the play on words uses the toughest character's name in lieu of the prepositions...generally, you substitute for key nouns or verbs, but prepositions?

That kind of underdog story works in the movies. This is real life. And nobody pulls that stuff off unless he is posting one-liners somewhere else on the side.

Cut the crap. Who are you?
Me? I'm just a guy who had a lot of time on his hands while in school. There's not much to do in a dugout when you're not at bat or on deck. And time in the bullpen spent warming up pitchers gives one several moments to ponder things like this as well.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:16 AM   #17
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Me? I'm just a guy who had a lot of time on his hands while in school. There's not much to do in a dugout when you're not at bat or on deck. And time in the bullpen spent warming up pitchers gives one several moments to ponder things like this as well.
Just to be safe, I am going to keep my eye on you for awhile....

Although that sounds like a great gig...you get to play ball AND think about The Facts of Life at the same time.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:24 AM   #18
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Just to be safe, I am going to keep my eye on you for awhile....

Although that sounds like a great gig...you get to play ball AND think about The Facts of Life at the same time.
It was a sweet deal. I had my education paid for and all I had to do was show some competence at baseball.

I will admit that I can challenge some of the best at word play once in a while. I try not to do it too often, as I believe it's best to be the unknown factor rather than the guy with a target constantly on his back, ya know?