cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football

Old 10-25-2014, 05:16 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU vs. Boise State

I guess the "fire Bronco" train is picking up speed. But it's really pointless. No way Bronco gets fired. It's just going to be more Bronco ball for at least 2 more years. And maybe 10 years.

It is kind of sad to see how far the gap is between the players they put on the field and the players we put on the field.

The Bronco offense was just having it's way. Passing and running. Our guys can't get off blocks, can't make tackles.

And the offense is kind of pathetic. I mean, they could do well against bad teams, but they can't do well against good teams. Which is kind of the story of the Bronco era. Can beat bad teams, can't beat good teams.

So actually there is going to be some drama related to Middle Tennessee. We could lose to them. That would put us at 4-5, requiring two wins to be bowl eligible. If we pencil in Cal as a loss, then that leaves UNLV and Savannah State that are must-wins. I think 5-7 is unlikely. I mean, if I were AD, and this team finished 5-7, I WOULD consider firing Bronco. I just don't think that's realistically what Holmoe would even think about.

Oh well, there's always the Cowboys.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote