cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 08:31 PM   #11
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
If I am reading this correctly, KW's success is entirely based upon how BYU performs?
Secondly, how would a good BYU team prevent an LDS coach at Utah from winning?
Big fish small pond.

I don't believe that BYU AND Utah can both be good for sustained periods of time. Years like 1994 and 2001, where both teams field good teams, are exceptions usually followed by years of poor performance.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #12
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

It is an awfully bold assertation that Utah rises and falls under BYU's power, as though the lowly serf can only revel, dance and shine while the king is sleeping.

BYU reminds me of the San Francisco 49ers, minus four of the super bowl wins. They were very good in the 1980's, and some of that carried over into the 1990's. However, every last person who was a part of that Bill Walsh era has left the building. Nobody fears them anymore. Assistant coaches don't feel it an honor to be a part of that organization anymore. Likewise, it would be silly for Bill Cowher to thank Chuck Noll and Terry Bradshaw for making Super Bowl 40 a success.

</rant>

Last edited by ute4ever; 07-28-2006 at 09:29 PM.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:38 PM   #13
El Guapo

El Guapo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos
We ended up with a nobody that's half the coach KW is. Bronco appears to be growing into the job but he has a long way to go. But now that we lost him we shouldn't be obsessed with him.

Are you referring to Kwittingham? For having a coach that is only half as good as Kwittingham, how come Utah didn't have twice as many wins? The only logical conclusion would be that everything else at Utah sucks twice as much. :P
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote