cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wasn't tavernari supposed to commit today?

i thought i read in an article a while ago that he was going to make his verbal by today. has anyone heard anything?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
COUGZ

COUGZ is on a distinguished road

It will be coming. He has gotten a little lost in the lights of the Pac-10, but in playing last week with two of the team members...they fully expect him to sign.
COUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGZ
It will be coming. He has gotten a little lost in the lights of the Pac-10, but in playing last week with two of the team members...they fully expect him to sign.
i sure hope he does! thanks COUGZ!
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Why would you go to BYU when you have a chance in the Pac-10?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #5
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
i would guess a number of reasons. the brazilian connection with Roese and other Brazilians on team and university. a better chance to shine at BYU than get lost in the mix on a pac10 team, ie. chris burgess at Duke. his religious affiliation. he and coach Rose supposedly already have a strong relationship. there's a ton of reasons for him to come to BYU. he just a good of chance to go to the Big Dance as a BYU Cougar than schools in the pac10.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-10-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
COUGZ

Quote:

Because Roese is his uncle. Simple as that.

Fus, are you really a BYU fan? I've been debating this for months now. I've got to know. If you are...I really think you are the most negative fan ever (kind of like 99% of all Laker fans).

If you aren't, that's cool....
Old 05-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #7
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Fus, are you really a BYU fan? I've been debating this for months now. I've got to know. If you are...I really think you are the most negative fan ever (kind of like 99% of all Laker fans).

If you aren't, that's cool....
What constitutes a fan?

Somebody with season tickets to the football games?

Membership in the Cougar Club?

Someone who thinks their school is the greatest thing ever?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #8
bYuPride

Quote:
Hey COUGZ, correct me if i'm wrong, but i read somewhere that Roese actually isn't Tavernari's uncle. rather, he's a close family friend. when i served my mission in Chile, lots of kids would call me "tio". it was more a term of affection than anything.

anyway, it seems like you know quite a bit about the situation. would you please clear that up for me. Is Roese actually Tavernari's "family" uncle or do they just have close relationship where uncle or tio is used to label Roese's close bond?

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #9
bYuPride

Quote:
What constitutes a fan?

Somebody with season tickets to the football games?

Membership in the Cougar Club?

Someone who thinks their school is the greatest thing ever?

i'll give you my opinion on what a "TRUE BYU FAN" is (in relation to the criteria listed above)...

a true BYU fan is someone who attends as many football and basketball games as he/she can. wearing BLUE to all games attended and spits on those who don't, especailly those wearing red.

a true BYU fan is someone, if financially able, supports the Cougar Club. if they can't financially donate, they can consecrate their time in promoting the athletic program in every way possible. ie. wearing BYU gear in the most public of places, vacationing, etc.

a true BYU fan is someone who supports their team in any way they can. they can be a realist, but at the same time, a true BYU fan always BELIEVES that they can be "the greatest thing ever".

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #10
COUGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride
Hey COUGZ, correct me if i'm wrong, but i read somewhere that Roese actually isn't Tavernari's uncle. rather, he's a close family friend. when i served my mission in Chile, lots of kids would call me "tio". it was more a term of affection than anything.

anyway, it seems like you know quite a bit about the situation. would you please clear that up for me. Is Roese actually Tavernari's "family" uncle or do they just have close relationship where uncle or tio is used to label Roese's close bond?

You may be right...all I have ever heard from friends little brothers (who played at Timpview with him) was that Roese was his uncle. Now you may be right in the South American meaning of uncle....someone close to you.

And Fus...a fan of BYU is someone who doesn't thrash it daily, which you do.