cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Game thoughts

I was thoroughly disgusted with the team last night. They came out playing scared. Balderson was a turnover machine, but he did redeem himself a little in the second half. Cummard threw up that 3 first time he touched it, he should have had his scholarship yanked immediately. If I see Cummard play like crap and then make one good play and look back at the other team's bench again with that cocky smile, walking back on defense, while the other team blows past him, I'm going to reach through the TV and go Bobby Knight on him.

Plaisted was nothing. Broadus was a TO machine, you run by someone slow down and then assume you're all alone with nobody coming behind you??

Ainge played well and so did Burgess. Rose had his moments. Vuk was adequate as a backup.

What I can't stand about these guys is that their basketball IQ is so low. When you're BYU, you need to make up for athleticism with brains. Plaisted, Broadus, and Cummard have some of the worst basketball IQ's I've ever seen play. Keena and Balderson have the bb IQ but Balderson plays like he has 10 lb weights attached to his ankles. Where did that quickness go from his frosh year? Yes, missions are a boon to the athletic program!

We had no confidence. We ran our sets 20 feet behind the three point line. We never got any inside looks and Plaisted flubbed it when he had the chance. The three kept us in the game, but you know you can't count on that.

Rose says "We executed our game plan really well". That's a complete lie unless his game plan was to throw the ball away, allow UCLA carte blanche in the paint, create no inside game on offense, and stay in the game with lucky 3's.

OK, it's UCLA on the road. I know. I didn't expect the final score to be much different, but I expected this group to be ready to play the game. This is an experienced group and they don't look like it. I still expect them to get it done and compete in the MWC and have a successful season, but they laid an egg last night.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Whoa. Step away from the ledge, buddy. It was only one game.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Santos negative about one of our sports teams and on the verge of suicide?

I'm simply stunned.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Santos negative about one of our sports teams and on the verge of suicide?

I'm simply stunned.
You guys read way too much into it. I'm passionate and I was pissed about how we played and I'm blowing off steam.

I'll be there Saturday night with my kids cheering the team and being positive. The game doesn't change my long term outlook of the team. Just very disappointing.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote