cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Commuting peeves

1) Taxi cabs. They think they have the divinely given right to merge, double park, cut across multiple lanes, do whatever they want, wherever and whenever they please.

2) Buses. They have the legal right to merge, double park, cut across multiple lanes, run red lights, do whatever they want, wherever and whenever they please, and they're huge.

3) Jaywalkers. Why do these people, many of whom can't even afford wheels, think their time is more valuale than mine?

4) Oncoming lanes are bumper to bumper, and a driver in front of me decides to turn left across a double yellow line.

5) Drivers crossing through the intersection perpendicular to me pretending like they're passing through a yellow light, but my light is totally green (could I make a citizen's arrest? sometimes I wish I were a cop).

6) Perpendicular traffic obstructing my right of way on a green light (green for me, red for them).

7) Protesters. I say move to Russia, see how you like it. Now get out of my way.

8) Poeple in mutli-floor offices too lazy to take the internal stair case.

9) People who stick their hands in the elevator door as it's just about to close (there are about eight banks of them in my building); I've fantasized about a disaster flick about arm crunching elevators.

10) Tail gaters (take a look at what's in front of me before you get so aggressive).

11) Sonics games (hardly any way to avoid the rush to Key Arena on my way home; thank God they'll soon be in Oklahoma or Renton, WA, out of sight out of mind).

12) Those who must be the upteenth person to squeeze into an already bursting elevator (and light up yet another floor) rather than wait one minute for the next one.

13) Delivery trucks who chose rush hour to block a whole lane while they unload. There should be a law.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
1) Taxi cabs. They think they have the divinely given right to merge, double park, cut across multiple lanes, do whatever they want, wherever and whenever they please.

2) Buses. They have the legal right to merge, double park, cut across multiple lanes, run red lights, do whatever they want, wherever and whenever they please, and they're huge.

3) Jaywalkers. Why do these people, many of whom can't even afford wheels, think their time is more valuale than mine?

4) Oncoming lanes are bumper to bumper, and a driver in front of me decides to turn left across a double yellow line.

5) Drivers crossing through the intersection perpendicular to me pretending like they're passing through a yellow light, but my light is totally green (could I make a citizen's arrest? sometimes I wish I were a cop).

6) Perpendicular traffic obstructing my right of way on a green light (green for me, red for them).

7) Protesters. I say move to Russia, see how you like it. Now get out of my way.

8) Poeple in mutli-floor offices too lazy to take the internal stair case.

9) People who stick their hands in the elevator door as it's just about to close (there are about eight banks of them in my building); I've fantasized about a disaster flick about arm crunching elevators.

10) Tail gaters (take a look at what's in front of me before you get so aggressive).

11) Sonics games (hardly any way to avoid the rush to Key Arena on my way home; thank God they'll soon be in Oklahoma or Renton, WA, out of sight out of mind).

12) Those who must be the upteenth person to squeeze into an already bursting elevator (and light up yet another floor) rather than wait one minute for the next one.

13) Delivery trucks who chose rush hour to block a whole lane while they unload. There should be a law.
I hate it when I get stuck at a stoplight and it takes me 8 minutes instead of 6 minutes to get to work.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I hate it when I get stuck at a stoplight and it takes me 8 minutes instead of 6 minutes to get to work.
Mine's 17 minutes on a good day. It still sucks.

—Paul Auster
Old 04-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Move away from Seattle. The traffic there is horrible.

(I missed a flight from SEATAC last summer due to traffic)
Old 04-11-2007, 02:42 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I only have one pet peeve when it comes to traffic:

Everyone else on the road.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:59 AM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I can definitely understand commuting difficulties. I am routinely aggravated by vehicles donning a sticker showing Calvin peeing on a FORD logo. Naturally I challenge the driver of the offending vehicle to a drag race and, as Chev drivers are want to do, they take the cowards way out. They realize that if they were to accept my challenge, they would be staring right at my Yosemite Sam "Back Off" mud flaps as I show my Ford's superior capability.

I can't begin to explain how frustrating it is when I see pro-Jeff Gordon stickers on the vehicles of my fellow commuters. What a horrible way to begin, or end, my working day.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:01 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I can definitely understand commuting difficulties. I am routinely aggravated by vehicles donning a sticker showing Calvin peeing on a FORD logo. Naturally I challenge the driver of the offending vehicle to a drag race and, as Chev drivers are want to do, they take the cowards way out. They realize that if they were to accept my challenge, they would be staring right at my Yosemite Sam "Back Off" mud flaps as I show my Ford's superior capability.

I can't begin to explain how frustrating it is when I see pro-Jeff Gordon stickers on the vehicles of my fellow commuters. What a horrible way to begin, or end, my working day.
My dad was a Chevy guy for years. Then during the deer hunt in about '80 or '81, we got stuck in mud and a guy in a Ford pulled us out.

Dad traded his Chevy for a Ford when we got home the next week.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:13 AM   #8
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Move away from Seattle. The traffic there is horrible.

(I missed a flight from SEATAC last summer due to traffic)
What? You didn't call me?

—Paul Auster
Old 04-11-2007, 04:20 AM   #9
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
What? You didn't call me?
Sorry. I thought about it. I was just passing through after a fishing trip in Vancouver. In retrospect, I should have flown out of Vancouver. I was trying to save a little money by driving to SEATAC. And it backfired.