cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 08:52 PM   #1
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting "chicked"

One of the more fascinating things I've discovered upon picking up cycling the last two years, and jumping in to riding in some century rides is... getting "chicked".

That is where you're riding along, and some girl comes blowing by you like you're not even moving. A friend of mine calls this "getting chicked".

She tells me it's funny how men hate to get chicked riding, and will speed up just so that they can't pass them....then the guys bonk and they sail on by anyway.

Kinda funny....but, I do have to admit, I don't mind "getting chicked" ...and am amazed at how many women can seem to go on forever, steady and sure....it's impressive.

Ok...at my age, I like "getting chicked" ...if anything, I just like the way it sounds!!!

Does anyone here have a problem with "getting chicked"...and find it a personal challenge not to let them pass you?
The Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't mind "getting chicks", but my wife might and I really can't afford alimony and child support at this time.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:01 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I generally don't like being passed by anyone. But if it's a woman, and she is good looking, I might just ride behind a couple of bikelengths.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:31 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Why a couple of bikelengths. I ride right on her tail. Cycling is the only place where a guy can ride another's "booty" and he won't get too angry at you.