cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Our signs for tomorrow's stage

Here are the signs we made up for tomorrow's stage, which, if you don't already know, will come right down our street. Last week we received notices of road and public transportation closures for tomorrow and the city was even out cleaning our street this morning. The Olympics come to SLC and the Utes get a new stadium, Le Tour comes to Boulogne-Billancourt and we get a clean street; some kind of universal equilibrium has been reached.

Anyway, here are the pictures of my boys holding up our signs:

This is the view the Peleton will have coming down our street. The Seine is just beyond the trees on the other side of the street.

This is the view from whence the Peleton will come. The Bois de Boulogne is just beyond that overpass.

Our obvious objective is to get noticed, or at least try to notice ourselves as we review our tape after the stage. “ALLEZ FLOYD” seemed tres logique. “BYU” is for CougarNation. My 10-year-old called it “so random,” to which I replied, “That’s the genius of it all.” He is still unconvinced.

According the Le Tour website, we are located between kilometers 86 and 89 from the start (or kilometers 68 and 65 from the end). We are about three kilometers before the first sprint point, which looks like it will be right in front of our Hotel de Ville. The site estimates the Peleton should pass us around two hours into the stage. If you happen to notice us, let me know.

I don’t know how many people are going to show up tomorrow to watch in front of our place. I plan to go out early in the morning to check things out and will monitor all morning. They plan to close the street to traffic around noon, so I expect to become a permanent fixture by then to save spots for the family.

The sponsors’ caravan comes through about an hour and half before the Peleton. Then the fun begins.

ALLEZ FLOYD!!!!

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good, though I was expecting more of the Ugly American image.

My kids will be impressed when I point out that I have a connection to those signs. But they will demand to know why BYU and not Utah. I'll just tell them that we'll give BYU the TdF and Utah will take scoreboard.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:32 AM   #3
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
Looks good, though I was expecting more of the Ugly American image.

My kids will be impressed when I point out that I have a connection to those signs. But they will demand to know why BYU and not Utah. I'll just tell them that we'll give BYU the TdF and Utah will take scoreboard.
Just couldn't resist, could you?
Old 07-23-2006, 01:11 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
Just couldn't resist, could you?
No, I couldn't. I really did try, but alas, my flesh is weak.

But you folks will get the last laugh, as there will be a sign with BYU on it for all the world to see with nary a brief glimpse of anything with a drum and feather on it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote